CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Quarter

Old 03-27-2002, 10:13 PM   #1
Ares
Question Quarter

Hey Guys,
I was just wondering why some people put quarters beside their snakes when they take pictures of them?

Thanx

Old 03-27-2002, 10:35 PM   #2
Kevin M
For size comparison. n/p

-Kev

Old 03-27-2002, 10:43 PM   #3
Gregg
Smile Why A Quarter?

Placing a quarter beside one's snake when taking a photograph seems to be a particularly American folk custom. It is a way of telling others that, after buying a corn snake, a ten-gallon aquarium tank, Four-Paws tank cover, substrate, water bowl, artificial tree branch, plastic hide, temperature and humidity gauges, lamp (optional), and Bill and Kathy Love's book, they too are down to the last quater in their bank account and are as broke as the rest of us.

Gregg

Old 03-28-2002, 01:07 AM   #4
Simon
Main reason is for size comparision.....I like puting rulers beside them....

but most of them like to 'run' away before I can take a pic of them beside a ruler.....not like my two pythons....hahahah

Old 03-28-2002, 04:02 PM   #5
Ares
Wink Thanx

I figured it was for comparing, but I couldn't figure out why it would be a quarter. I agree with Simon that a ruler would be more helpful in showing the length. If u think about it the quarter is not really too helpful and it restricts u to only taking a birds eye view pic in order to compare.

Thanx for the input guys!

Old 03-29-2002, 10:44 PM   #6
CornsnakeKeeper
Haha.. Gregg! Exactly what I was thinking. Really though, it's for size comparison. Many do use rulers, FYI.

Old 03-30-2002, 12:27 AM   #7
Gregg
Thumbs up Quarter for comparison.

Hey Cornsnakekeeper,

I'm sure glad to see that someone caught my sick sense of humor.

Gregg
(Serious enough about Life to never take it seriously.)

Old 03-30-2002, 11:35 PM   #8
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Comedy and Snakes~~~~~:~

Well a lot humor on this thread.....I'm still laughing. Tonight I need a smile thanks guys! The only way I can get them to sit for a photo is to feed them, the water trick doesn't work for me. And forget about the money, I was holding Merlin on the couch and zooooom right into and under the cushion. I had to cut open the side of the couch and Spencer had to reach in and nudge him out. So you can add the price of a couch to the list of expenses. I was so happy he was ok, I didn't care how much it cost. Sam

Old 03-31-2002, 02:00 AM   #9
Simon
ha ha ha

well next time be much more careful and remember to keep a close eye at him so that he doesn't do this again.

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google