CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #11
Pasodama
Given time, I could, probably, think of more "dumb" things that I have heard/seen... not sure out ~the~ dumbest though.

However, for now, the first one (snake related), that pops into my head, is when someone asked how they should/could go about converting their snake into a vegetarian.

'Course, then are those usual items, of misinformation, like: A snake will not grow bigger than whatever tank/container they are placed in (i.e. a baby Boa, or Python, will not outgrow a 5 or 10 gallon tank if placed in one) ... snakes can be fed insects as the main staple of their diet ... snakes ~must~ be fed live prey (vs. p/k or f/t) ... and etc., etc.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek View Post
Any and all correlations between snakes and Da Debbul.
Ah, yes. Forgot about those.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
midnightgallop
When I was in vermont, I was at the only pet store in the city getting feeders. Someone asked about a corn snake there and the owner says "Oh baby corn snakes don't shed".
Also, this is not corn snake related, but some 25-30 year old year old guy asked the pet store clerk if they had any "invisible lizards". He proceeded to say, "you know, the ones that turn invisible." When the clerk asked, "Do you mean a chameleon?" the customer responded "yeah that's it! Do you have any of those?" Not only was he going to impulse buy, but he was legit about actually thinking they turned invisible (instead of just changing their color to blend in). I thought he was just joking or used the wrong word. He wins the Darwin Award, in my opinion.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #14
StormRose
My first snake, who was only about 2 months old, escaped her viv on the second night I had her. I was devastated, seriously, I cried for two days. A few months later I was talking to my MIL and told her the story and she asked, "Aren't you afraid for your kids knowing that it's loose in your house?"

She was no bigger around than my pinkie finger, unless she crawled through some toxic waste int he basement and developed the ability to shoot lasers from her eyes, I'm pretty sure my kids are safe.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #15
Azuzu
my bff said if i get another corny, I should save the money and just put them in the same tank. i then proceded to tell her about co habbing and showed her the pics. but then 3 days later she said i should get two more corns and put them together because "if one eats the other you'll still have two"
WHY! Oh why am i friends with her! lol xD

Old 01-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #16
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightgallop View Post
Also, this is not corn snake related, but some 25-30 year old year old guy asked the pet store clerk if they had any "invisible lizards".
I actually sell invisible lizards. If you see that guy again send him my way.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #17
asymons
"Wait-- wait stop! Why are you kissing it? I'm pretty sure you can get e.coli from touching a snake."

--an ignorant chick down the hall from me

I told her that no, I could not get e.coli from kissing my pet corn snake, but she was very persistent on the matter! Kept shaking her head and telling me I shouldn't handle my snake so closely.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #18
Iguanagirl8662
I know I've dealt with a lot of stupid comments and experiences but I can't remember them right now, except for a lot of people thinking my corn snake at work is a rattlesnake.

I walk around with him(Amel corn) around my neck at work and they say "Is it poisonous?" or "Is it a rattlesnake?" Now why would I have it around my neck if it was venomous snake? Also why would I be leting little kids touch it if it was venomous? People amaze me with their stupidity sometimes, I mean come on people just use a little come sense, lol.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #19
Allison
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRose View Post
She was no bigger around than my pinkie finger, unless she crawled through some toxic waste int he basement and developed the ability to shoot lasers from her eyes, I'm pretty sure my kids are safe.

LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanagirl8662 View Post
I walk around with him(Amel corn) around my neck at work and they say "Is it poisonous?" or "Is it a rattlesnake?" Now why would I have it around my neck if it was venomous snake? Also why would I be leting little kids touch it if it was venomous? People amaze me with their stupidity sometimes, I mean come on people just use a little come sense, lol.
I know what you mean. Whenever someone hears that I keep snakes they always ask "But snakes are poisonous, why would you want to keep them?!" Uhhh... sometimes it's not even worth arguing.

Another annoyance is the know nothing people in the reptile department at pet stores. I was looking a Sinaloan one day only to have a guy march up and pretend he know everything about this "Somalian Milk". He was wrong and inaccurate in just about every aspect.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:50 PM   #20
Elusive
"Snakes eat every two to three days"

"Snakes dont ever shed"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google