CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What is the dumbest thing you have ever heard?

Old 01-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #21
StormRose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive View Post
"Snakes eat every two to three days"
Then there's the reverse...

"Snakes eat every 2-3 weeks."

I nearly took off a Petco employee's head for that one.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #22
psychoprimate84
Just the other day,I posted on Ocala craiglist that I am looking for pinkie mice for my young snakes since my supplier has been out. I got an email that said "Why don't you just feed them meal worms?"

Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #23
Suzy
Interesting posts. LOL
I've got two, which came from family members, unfortunately.
The first one, my sister in law asked me if the mice I was feeding my snakes (pinkies at the time) were fetal mice - meaning, did they make mama mouse get an abortion to feed my snakes.
The second one was also my sister in law - LOL - she asked me if they called them milk snakes because they drink milk. I just kind of shook my head and didn't say anything. I usually spout off sarcastic words, but I couldn't believe it.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 AM   #24
maxcherry
Think evolution is slacking off somewhere. But boy do they make my day. A toast to all those very special people out there.

If you want to find out about more uniquie people check out this site 'THE DARWIN AWARDS' it's at the top of the list on Google.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:43 AM   #25
vetusvates
OK. I'll play. But I'm sure I'll think about something stupider later. My aunt, next door to my grandparents, taught my cousins that box turtles (and all other turtles, I suppose) shed their shells as they grow up, growing a new one. I remember fighting with my cousins over that from like 6 y/o until we were in high school. Heck, they may be teaching their own kids that, for all I know. :rolls eyes:

Old 01-26-2009, 04:43 AM   #26
carol
Regarding corn keeping, the dumbest question I've ever been asked is if the mice come back to life after I thaw them.

At work, I've got a tie. Someone once asked me "What do you guys do with the golf carts, drive around in them?"..... "Uh... as a matter of fact....." The second one was a phone call and someone asked me the hours for the following day. I replied "8 to 5". They then asked what time we opened. Uh... "8", I told them. And then guess what they asked? "What time do you close? "That would be 5". They then thanked me and hung up.

I'll have to think of the dumbest question that's been asked outside of snakes and work. Soooo many.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:04 AM   #27
Maize411
Talking

Oh my god...there have been so many..lol

My mom (when she first discovered I had snakes):

Oh my god! Why do you have snakes! Aren't you afraid they'll bite you? You know their poisonous right?! (lol)

My friend:

So when the mice get thawed, do they come back to life?

Aren't you afraid your snake will get out and eat your dog or cat? (my largest snake right now is no fatter then my cell phone...wow...lol)

Pet Store Employee:

All lizards and snakes need a light for heat and basking. This is also how they get some vitamins for their color and bones (now yes..there is some truth to this..but not ALL snakes and lizards need a light)

Old 01-26-2009, 06:20 AM   #28
Pal-O-Mine
Okay I'll bite too. This first isn't snake related but I'm sure you'll get a kick outta it!

YEARS AGO ( when I was in my 20s ) I was working in a pet store, ( the kind with a very bad rep ) and one of the customers was disgusted that we sold ferrets. She told me that they bred with RATS! Well, being the wildlife biologist's daughter that I am, I couldn't let this sit. So I told her in a loud voice so that all the surrounding customers could hear, that that was a physical impossibility. Ferrets were domesticated to EAT rats and mice. Ferrets were a whole different genus. Them breeding with rats and producing offspring was as impossible as humans breeding with horses and producing centaur babies. ( OUCH! That would hurt giving birth! )

I do have a book in my collection that covers all superstitions A to Z. ( Fascinating book BTW! ) It does mention the old wives' tales that snakes like to drink milk straight from the cow's udder. It also mentions that any hairs shed or brushed from a horse's tail should be burned because if they fall into water, they will turn into eels and snakes.

Sometimes I'm so glad we live in a scientific world even if some people refuse to accept it!

Devon

Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #29
Tracee
Great thread!

I wish I could remember more of the stupid questions I've been asked over the years. The only one I can remember right now is a boy I was at school with (we were 16) saying with a most disapproving, matter-of-fact tone, "You do realise you've got a pet than can actually kill you?"

Um... no, not really. As if my tiddly 10" pencil-thin snake was ever going to be a danger!

Asking if thawing brings the mice back to life is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard though

Old 01-26-2009, 08:58 AM   #30
Pal-O-Mine
I'm still trying to swallow the whole "turtles shed their shells" thing! Although, I after spending 7 years married to a man who would easily believe that sorta thing, I can kinda understand their rationality. Hermit crabs switch shells as they grow and they have shells so why wouldn't turtles??? EEEEEEEKKKKK! Nature just must be too complicated for some people to comprehend!

I also threw a fit the day I caught my ex at a park telling people that our whippet dog was a MINATURE GREYHOUND! ( NO SUCH BREED! )He didn't understand why I was so upset! In his opinion, people were stupid anyway so why bother giving them the correct information? They'd never remember it.

There are many reasons why he's my EX! I just HAD to upgrade!

Devon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google