• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My right to bear arms is under fire right now.

I just read that article as well. If you have a freaking pyschopath that wants to go on a murder rampage, they are going to find a way to do it with whatever weapon they can get their hands on. If someone had been carrying a gun they might of been able to stop that man before he stabbed 22 babies.

There is evil in this world and I feel it is better to be prepared to fight the evil then to think it wont happen to me.

Yep, without guns, those types of people will turn to knives, home made weapons, or what ever it takes to achieve the goal.

You can't stop someone who is motivated to commit an act. You can only do your best to prepare a defense against that type of situation.

That's what I do for a living. I anticipate, asses, and study threats, to figure out how best to prepare. People don't want to address the issue, they don't want to talk about it, and they want keep a blind eye turned to it.

I highly recommend people watch this video:

But how many other states recognize Wisconsin and Ohios ccp?
I meant there is a minimum 12 hour course that must be taken. It includes safety, firearm handling, laws, range time, a test that must be passed, etc. A 25 yr old course in hunter safety will not fly here. Ask me how I know. ;)

I'm trying to find cases where a civilian with a CCW, or even a weapon on their person, stopped or prevented a mass murder and I've come up blank. Can you guys point me in the right direction? They must exist, but my google-fu is failing. :(

The only one I can find that resembles is a security guard shooting an armed man at a church. Which is a kinda/sorta example, but it's the only one and not really what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to find cases where a civilian with a CCW, or even a weapon on their person, stopped or prevented a mass murder and I've come up blank. Can you guys point me in the right direction? They must exist, but my google-fu is failing. :(

The only one I can find that resembles is a security guard shooting an armed man at a church. Which is a kinda/sorta example, but it's the only one and not really what I'm looking for.

Nova, I don't think there ARE many cases because most public places don't allow guns of any kind. Which makes most people in public places sitting ducks.

University Study Confirms Private Firearms Stop Crime 2.5 Million Times Each Year

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Could-a-licensed-concealed-gun-carrier-stop-a-3810053.php

Google search link: "gun carrier stopped violence"

Here is the real problem, it is VERY difficult to quantify or put a number on things that are prevented. That's kind of the point, they were prevented and therefore most people have no clue what was happening. I deal with that every single day in my job. There is no way to get a figure for everything that a security measure prevents.

Are you serious. Do you really think the guy today would have killed 26 people with a knife if he couldn't have gotten a gun (or several guns in this case).

Yes.

If he really wanted to commit a violent act at school where there is little resistance. Motivated and or disturbed people will find a way to accomplish their goals.

I meant there is a minimum 12 hour course that must be taken. It includes safety, firearm handling, laws, range time, a test that must be passed, etc. A 25 yr old course in hunter safety will not fly here. Ask me how I know. ;)

Oh ok LOL. I was going to say...

I know New Mexcio had some issues wit the ccp and classes not being recognized by other states because of an instructors incompetence.

Nova... I am not saying there is proof out there. I said it might of made a difference if the lunch lady or someone had a ccw. Perhaps not as many would of died. Besides not everything one the internet is proof of anything.

I know I would of tried to stop the shooter if I had a ccw. I would of died trying to save those babies, just like I would die trying to save mine.

Are you serious. Do you really think the guy today would have killed 26 people with a knife if he couldn't have gotten a gun (or several guns in this case).
Yes. Did you not read the article? That happened TODAY in a country that bans guns! :headbang:

Nova most of these shootings happen where they do because they are no gun zones (aka criminal protection zones). Theaters, military base, schools, college all gun free zones. The only recent one that I remember that wasn't was the Giffords shooting.

Yes. Did you not read the article? That happened TODAY in a country that bans guns! :headbang:

Nova most of these shootings happen where they do because they are no gun zones (aka criminal protection zones). Theaters, military base, schools, college all gun free zones. The only recent one that I remember that wasn't was the Giffords shooting.

That is exactly right. People who want to do these "big" events, they target areas where guns are banned. Easier to pull off their stunt without running up against resistance.

Nova, I don't think there ARE many cases because most public places don't allow guns of any kind. Which makes most people in public places sitting ducks.

Well, places like malls and theaters are private property. You can't tell private business or home owners that they aren't allowed to restrict the behavior of guests on their property.

So CCW is a red herring if this is the case and isn't relevant. I've always been of the opinion that gun control will never prevent these kinds of things from happening and we are doing way too little to recognize and treat the people who are at risk of committing these kinds of crimes.

Well, places like malls and theaters are private property. You can't tell private business or home owners that they aren't allowed to restrict the behavior of guests on their property.

So CCW is a red herring if this is the case and isn't relevant. I've always been of the opinion that gun control will never prevent these kinds of things from happening and we are doing way too little to recognize and treat the people who are at risk of committing these kinds of crimes.

Yes, private property owners can restrict guns to their little hearts content, and that is how it should be. Just as long as someone points out the possibility that their clients and customers are sitting ducks if something like this was to happen, and they are ok with that.

How about schools and college campuses?
Public places supposedly owned by us all?

True.

The huge issue is people want to turn a blind eye and say "oh that would never happen on my property." Changes need to be made to way people think about violence. You have to understand it's not going away. People who want to do bad things will not be stopped by laws, period.

People need to worry less about hurting feelings and step up to say, something is not right, maybe you need help. Or thinking, "that's not place to say anything." It is your place, it is in your hands to step up and do something.

I work in private security and we work on defense empowerment with corporate workers everyday. More people need to be proactive and stop being naive about violence.

I can get a CCP based on a hunters safety course I took 25 years ago.

RIP little angels :(

But you apparently have not, by choice. If you are the type who _chooses_ to carry a weapon for self-protection, then you would undoubtedly be the type who acknowledges the responsibility that goes with that, and would keep your skills current.

Back