CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Vivarium size?!

Old 06-16-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
bethdawnallen97
Vivarium size?!

Hi guys,

My little blue lavender corn Louie is just over one now. He started life in a plastic breeder box which he definitely started to out grow. He’s now in a 4foot long oak wooden vivarium. When I first put him in there the first couple of days he was loving it, slithering and exploring. But for the past two weeks he’s been hiding and I’m concerned it’s because he doesn’t like the big space.

Or am I just overthinking this?
I thought he was going into shed as his eyes glazed over but the haziness has gone now and he still hasn’t shed. Is that weird? Anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
If his eyes were cloudy and now they're clear, then that means that he will shed soon. The size looks great, although I would recommend a bit more ground cover. Fake leaves from the dollar store work great for that. Baby corn snakes also love toilet paper tubes that are cut in half.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google