• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Oh, Craigslist...

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/4057100726.html

"Girl Ball Python"

"I have a female in a 20 gallon tank. She is very friendly. I need to find her a new home cause I have no time for her and I am moving. She comes with a 20 gallon with a 30 gallon top. She has 2 barks and a water bowl. A heat lamp and temperature gag. She usually went everywhere with me, to the store or just out. She loves to wrap around your bun or around your neck. In the car she roams everywhere. My rehome fee is 200 or BO."

Ten points for letting your snake loose in the car!

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/4057100726.html

"Girl Ball Python"

"I have a female in a 20 gallon tank. She is very friendly. I need to find her a new home cause I have no time for her and I am moving. She comes with a 20 gallon with a 30 gallon top. She has 2 barks and a water bowl. A heat lamp and temperature gag. She usually went everywhere with me, to the store or just out. She loves to wrap around your bun or around your neck. In the car she roams everywhere. My rehome fee is 200 or BO."

Ten points for letting your snake loose in the car!

that chi-town CL is an albino cal king.

The PHX critter is a tough one. It could be a pinstripe motley, and from the looks of being in shed in the photo, I'd like to think I'd see the remnants of blotches if it were an everglades rat.

I saw that last one as well and wondered myself. I know AZ reptile will sell them as the breeder says they are because once they asked me about a snake they had that was clearly a caramel and they suspected it was but because it was brought in as a normal they were selling it as a normal. So who knows?

I fell for an amel stripe on CL, he was 1.5 years (same as my fire corn) and the girl just didn't have the time for him. I got him from her and he weighed in at 23g, whereas my fire weighed in at 80g. He was so little and starving, she was still feeding him one pinky a week, we bumped that to two/week and he is now 60g and thriving 4 months later.

I have corrected several posters on CL under the guise of "helping them to find more interest with buyers" when I really want to say "are you freaking kidding me with this $hit???"

But I am happy when they do get better homes like my Gus did. He's a happy boy now.

With him being that small at 1.5 years old. I suspect that he was not being fed correctly, or 1 pinky a week. My babies nearly always outgrew pinkies quickly when fed one per week. Then I moved them up the line, peach fuzzies, fuzzies, hoppers, etc. Once on adult mice, they started getting fed once every two weeks. Depending on the individual snake. I will be getting one today that is from a long line of scrawny snakes, and will be continued to be fed once a week, as per a his prior owner who is a good friend's feeding regiment for him.

It is good to hear that the little guy is doing better, but remember that if it falls into power feeding it can cause health issues with the little guy.
And, you are a lot better than I am when it comes to Craigslist posts, because I usually ask them what is going through their minds when they do crazy crap. Like housing a BP and a Corn snake together, and saying that "they love each other," and "they always cuddle".

I got a 1.5 year old male pewter on CL, and he was also tiny, being fed 1 pinky a week.. he was about 28g when I got him, he is up to 36 now and eating 1 fuzzy a week

It is good to hear that the little guy is doing better, but remember that if it falls into power feeding it can cause health issues with the little guy.

No, I just fed two pinkies/week until he gained weight and now he is on 1 fuzzie/5 days and is happy as can be.

I sent a text about the poor ball (post above ^) in that huge tank with no hides and a tv on top. They want $100 for the snake and the tank, or $50 for just the snake. I don't have an extra $50 :( I'm going to offer $25 and see what they say.....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/pet/4130327991.html

Pretty sure that's a king rat, NOT a hybrid kingsnake/ratsnake!

Lol, yep, definitely a King Rat snake! I sent them an email saying as much. Got a response saying that's what it was sold to them as, and they've had it for 2 or 3 years. Funny how people can have an animal for so long without ever doing a google search! Anyway, person said thanks and has since corrected the ad.

He's super pretty. I wish he weren't several thousand miles away, lol!

Back