CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Do you confront sellers who have morphs mislabeled?

Old 11-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #11
Zincubus
I wish more people would ACTUALLY label the snakes they upload to flamin’ Instagram !!!

Most put up a photo of a beautiful snake and just say ‘ What do you think of this ?’

How much longer would it take them to write in the type and morph !!??

Agghhh !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-19-2021, 12:56 AM   #12
hypnoctopus
Feeling frustrated tonight on someone's behalf. She's a new corn snake owner, purchased a baby that appealed to her without really knowing morphs. She was vastly overcharged because the seller had it mislabeled as a much more expensive morph. I looked through their seller page and they have another one mislabeled and being sold as a much more expensive morph too. I told her to contact them and ask for a partial refund, but we'll see how that goes. I believe the seller is just a reseller, so best case scenario they just marked it as whatever they were told and won't take offense to being wrong and will work with the buyer.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #13
crackerhead
What was the morph and what was is labeled as? Just curious. Some morphs that are commonly mislabeled are things like Striped Blood Red. Tough to tell them from just striped animals if you have little experience and didn't breed Homo to Homo.
I hope it all works out.
Terri

Old 01-19-2021, 02:54 PM   #14
hypnoctopus
No, nothing easy to mistake like that. The seller had it labeled as a saffron and it was actually a snow. After contacting the seller, he was dismissive of her concern and ensured that it was what it was sold as, so she's going to drop it.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:58 PM   #15
Shiari
... saffrons looks absolutely nothing like a snow. She shouldn't drop it. Or at least should name and shame.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:35 PM   #16
crackerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
... saffrons looks absolutely nothing like a snow. She shouldn't drop it. Or at least should name and shame.
OMG that's not even close. I agree with Shiari that this is something worth pursuing. If the animal is a Snow, it's missing two of the advertised genes. That's just wrong.

Terri

Old 01-19-2021, 11:39 PM   #17
hypnoctopus
Yup, I agree with both of you guys. The other one they have listed as a peppermint motley which is actually very clearly an amel motley. The seller is on morph market, but I don't know if the buyer purchased from there or in person, so I don't know if she can even leave a review.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google