CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #51
starsevol
"Come with me, where chains will never bind you
all your grief, at last at last behind you
Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy"

"Forgive me all my trespasses, and take me to your glory."

"Take my hand, and lead me to salvation. Take my love, for love is everlasting. And remember, the truth that once was spoken to love another person is to see the face of God."

Fantine and Jean Valjean. Les Miserables.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #52
airenlow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I'm sure you meant no harm, but as mentioned, religion, politics and sex are 3 subjects many people avoid discussing unless you're eager for a debate that will often lead to just plain arguing and things said with feelings hurt that normally wouldn't have been.
Did I miss the sex debate?

Old 11-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #53
knox
I am never surprised to hear people don't believe in God, but rather when they actually share my faith. I know I am in the minority.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #54
possum_minister
I'm an atheist. Have been for 17 years. the way i see it, gods come and go. like the egyptian and greek gods. and if mankind doesnt completely destroy the earth, this new one will fall into myth too.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:59 PM   #55
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Did I miss the sex debate?
Don't you remember it?????????????? Whoa- talk about people revealing ALL!!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #56
Allalaskan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Don't you remember it?????????????? Whoa- talk about people revealing ALL!!!!
lmao, that sounds like an interesting read LOL!!

Old 11-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #57
BloodyBaroness
I was there. Where were you? Pics and all.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #58
SnakeAround
RRRRRRRRRRRREaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaelly??????? (Jim Carry voice)

I don't believe in God because I'm quite rational and have seen no proofs so far. Further I see no need to be religious, I think I live by the ten commands already just because I was brought up decent by my (non believing) parents. I only get itchy when people just can't understand that their belief is a belief and not factual, hence leave no room for other opninions. I respect people who are religious but accept and respect all other religions and the non believers. Still I don't understand why people think God would like you to live according to a set of rules, like not working on Sunday's or not eating pork or not drinking alcohol. Why would it not be enough to be just nice to others, help people in need if you can and not steal stuff or deceive people. I do voluntary first aid work for a local organisation and they are sponsored by Christian (commercial) organisations (at least partially). They don't want us to post for first aid stand by on Sunday events... that is a great example what Christianity should not be in my opinion. I can't understand why God would want us to leave people who don't rest on Sunday's on their own whn it comes to first aid. I'd better avoid a discussion like that with these sponsors because it might trigger my sarcastic side to show.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #59
anerybree
Quote:
Originally Posted by possum_minister View Post
I'm an atheist. Have been for 17 years. the way i see it, gods come and go. like the egyptian and greek gods. and if mankind doesnt completely destroy the earth, this new one will fall into myth too.
I agree! There have been gods since humans existed. Every century or so, someone creates a new religion with a new set of gods. Right now, the major religion seems to be Christianity, but it will probably change eventually. It might even morph into no religion at all, who knows!

I am an atheist. I have been for 4 years. I fully respect people who are religious, but see no reason to become a religious person myself. I used to be a Christian, but I had too many questions that couldn't be answered by the Bible.

I do believe that we can have a civilized religious discussion on here! For me personally, I just can't devote a large portion of my life to something that has no proof of existence. I also think that the Bible may just be someone's fiction novel that was taken way too seriously. I am not trying to offend, but who knows? We were not alive back then (unless, of course, you're a vampire who's currently like 2000 years old!!!).

I had have religious discussions during school using the same points in the above text with no one taking offense, so forgive me if I upset someone!

Old 11-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #60
Nanci
Someone should do some REAL thread digging and find that thread! Might want to start with a search for "Sexual Fidelity." I miss Lucille!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google