CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

President May be in Trouble

Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #71
beautifullywild77
Just going to throw this out there but most professors and or teachers do not consider wikipedia a creditable source because anyone and everyone can add to it.

Obama did sign the act to repeal DADT but I know a lot of people that are in the military and who are gay and do not support Obama even with his flimsy support for gay and lesbian rights. Most feel they are being used for political gain. Granted that they have been getting more rights but its been a long road fight long before Obama came to office.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #72
Nova_C
Well, if any of the information I relayed is incorrect, I'll be glad to revise it, but the sources linked on Wikipedia for that article all seemed pretty reputable.

And I'm sure there's plenty of people all over the spectrum that don't support Obama. And his motivations are complete unknowns and, to mind mind, are irrelevant. So long as he follows through if he wins re-election.

If gays are guaranteed the right to marry then who cares why he supports it? I'm just glad that there's progress being made.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #73
Nova_C
Addendum: If Romney wins, you can be certain there will be no gay marriage in the next administration, and possibly the states that have permitted gay marriage may be forced to stop performing them. Not to mention the government may annul all gay marriages that have so far been performed. He is pretty vehemently against gay marriage.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #74
Carinata
Yep, because Wikipedia is a better source. Since 5th grade we've been told wikipedia is not a solid source.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #75
Carinata
Sorry didn't even relize the whole wiki thing had already been discussed. Anyway, Obama hasn't done a whole lot to show support of gay marriage, and has IMO tried avoiding it all together.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #76
vliberatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
Addendum: If Romney wins, you can be certain there will be no gay marriage in the next administration, and possibly the states that have permitted gay marriage may be forced to stop performing them. Not to mention the government may annul all gay marriages that have so far been performed. He is pretty vehemently against gay marriage.
That would require a constitutional amendment. Never going to happen.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #77
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by vliberatore View Post
That would require a constitutional amendment. Never going to happen.
Go easy on him, he doesn't know how those work.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #78
Nova_C
Man, I wish Wikipedia had been around when I was in 5th grade. The internet wasn't even available where I grew up until I was a teenager. And the bleeding edge modems were 14.4 kbit. :P

At this point, out of the two presidential candidates, Obama is the best bet to get gay marriage legalized across the US.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #79
vliberatore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
Man, I wish Wikipedia had been around when I was in 5th grade. The internet wasn't even available where I grew up until I was a teenager. And the bleeding edge modems were 14.4 kbit. :P

At this point, out of the two presidential candidates, Obama is the best bet to get gay marriage legalized across the US.
It took Obama, 1 presidential election and 3 years before he said he was for same-sex marriage.

I doubt he does anything to change marriage in the US if he is re-elected.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #80
Nova_C
I'll readily admit I'm not well versed in what's covered by the US constitution. It works very differently up here.

Anyway, if there's no danger of regression, great, but the states that are refusing to allow gay marriage need to be brought to the 21st century. Some times individual rights need to trump states' rights and this is a case where the federal government should make gay marriage legal across the board.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google