CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Getting tired of it...

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #71
RyanR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tula_Montage
Well yes that is the idea...

Hey, thanx to you i joined there too.. lets hope its as good as you said

Old 01-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #72
Eremita
Ahem. Well, I agree with many folks here, but I would at least like to provide my perspective, since I think really that is all that is happening here (beyond more Elle bashing which crops up every now and again and to which I would like to say that the only thing "wrong" with her style is perhaps being a bit self-focused. And, as this is obviously a "this is how I feel" thread, this is the wrong place to complain about that).

I have one corn snake. The addiction, as it is known, has some pull for me but I have command of my actions and I will have one corn snake for quite some time, I think. However, I am not interested in asking a bunch of questions about corn snake care, and I attempt to avoid uninvited digressions. If people do not enjoy my few posts, I hope they can easily skip them and not feel as if I have ruined "their" site. Since I sent Rich my $25, I imagine I will be on here regularly at least through next October regardless of what people think of me or say about me. If I am particularly sensitive, I think at least that I can leave that characteristic aside while here.

There are plenty of interesting threads here. Mostly I try to hit the Photo threads most regularly because I like to see the snakes, and then cheat by looking at certain regular contributors' postings to ferret out the interesting topics. There are a lot of threads that I judge by the title aren't going to interest me, and I do not read them. Problem solved. Argumentative threads are fine by my standards, although why people sometimes have to rant about the same thing over and over rather escapes me (hence my perhaps ambiguous post in Tara's thread). I find it entertaining how many threads involve members talking about the nature of our community here; we obviously take the matter to heart even if we never get anywhere. And there are a lot of folks still here and still making excellent posts. We make this forum worthwhile or not by example, by filling it with what we want and passing over what we do not, much as Trevor suggested.

Finally, for Mike. I'd only really get bummed out if you gave up on us.

-Sean

Old 01-17-2007, 10:55 AM   #73
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eremita

-Sean
If anything ever happened to Mike I would die of spontaneous Kingsnake withdrawal...

Nanci

Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #74
Marshall_P
Thumbs down body slammed!

A year or so back I posted some pics of my corns eating, one was still in the cage while another was eating at the other end, ok I admit that was wrong husbandry but the extremely rude way it was handled has prompted me not to share as much on this forum, I think I was body-slammed in the post and it's not the first time, I've seen it happene many times to others as well, and the funny part is it's usually from the same people that think they know everything, so agreed, definitely not the same place...

Old 01-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #75
Plissken
I love this place and like many of the people here. I do however feel that separating the members is not the right way forward, ie. deciding a ratio of hobbyist breeders/pet owners. (Not aimed at you Dean; just an example.) Why are we catergorizing and dividing ourselves? Surely all that matters is that we all love corn snakes.

I'm not trying to say that anyone here values breeder members more than petkeeper members. Not at all. But new members who are excited about their first ever corn snake are to be encouraged, not sighed over. After all, they're the next generation of hobbyist breeders.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #76
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eremita

-Sean
I ain't goin' nowhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci

If anything ever happened to Mike I would die of spontaneous Kingsnake withdrawal...
The kings are staying too!

Thanks for the kind words, you people are the BEST!

Old 01-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #77
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
I love this place and like many of the people here. I do however feel that separating the members is not the right way forward, ie. deciding a ratio of hobbyist breeders/pet owners. (Not aimed at you Dean; just an example.) Why are we catergorizing and dividing ourselves? Surely all that matters is that we all love corn snakes.

I'm not trying to say that anyone here values breeder members more than petkeeper members. Not at all. But new members who are excited about their first ever corn snake are to be encouraged, not sighed over. After all, they're the next generation of hobbyist breeders.
I don't think it's about dividing people up, it's really about post content. A site will go where ever the majority will take it as long as the admin goes along. Things change and that's how it is. People will go visit what they are in the mood for when they are in the mood for it. Much like different restaurants. It would be nice not to have to sift through so much hostility here though. Unfortunately, I do feel that a lot of posters are inexperienced but post advice anyway, when asked to back up their statements they try to get themselves out of the spotlight by attacking someone else and drawing attention elsewhere. I admit I see some terrible advice out there sometimes, but am afraid to post to the contrary because I just don't have time to deal with the attack that will bring.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #78
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
I don't think it's about dividing people up, it's really about post content. A site will go where ever the majority will take it as long as the admin goes along. Things change and that's how it is. People will go visit what they are in the mood for when they are in the mood for it. Much like different restaurants. It would be nice not to have to sift through so much hostility here though. Unfortunately, I do feel that a lot of posters are inexperienced but post advice anyway, when asked to back up their statements they try to get themselves out of the spotlight by attacking someone else and drawing attention elsewhere. I admit I see some terrible advice out there sometimes, but am afraid to post to the contrary because I just don't have time to deal with the attack that will bring.
I agree with you Carol and understand that post content is the main culprit. However I didn't wish to comment on that side of things - there is nothing I could have said that hadn't been said already - so I aimed my post at the divide between "breeders" and "pet owners" because I feel an issue does exist there, though it isn't as prevalant as the content in posts. Still one that needs to be addressed, however (in my opinion). Several posts on this thread have indeed said they respond differently to topics depending on who made it and while I understand obvious spam or unintelligent (want of a better word) posts deflecting attention - "Y wonT mi sanki eaat!!???" would put me off too - I don't feel it's valid to disregard all newcomer or pet owner posts on that ground alone. The fact that someone has only one or two snakes for pleasure doesn't mean they have nothing worth while to say.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #79
carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
The fact that someone has only one or two snakes for pleasure doesn't mean they have nothing worth while to say.
Very, very true!

Old 01-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #80
snake5007
This is the opinion that i have of when a senior member points something out to a newb. (Which includes me.)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google