CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Box Turtle Enclosure: Progression Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #71
Monger
I find myself looking forward to your updates more and more with each passing day. Maybe I need a hobby or something D:

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #72
Nanci
I'm glad you're enjoying it! I only wish I was making swifter progress. The pond is intimidating, but I think I have it figured out!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #73
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post
Maybe I need a hobby or something D:
Cornsnakes?

Nanci, it sounds absolutely fabulous.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #74
ZoologyMajor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monger View Post
I find myself looking forward to your updates more and more with each passing day. Maybe I need a hobby or something D:
LOL same here. I love seeing the progress without having to actualy do any of the work.

Nanci - I admire your hard work. You seem to be a "Jane of all Trades." I wish I had even half of your ambition. I can't wait to see that pond done.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #75
Nanci
I did it!! After the first few loads of sod I took out, it didn't seem possible to dig this in one day, but I guess if you just don't stop shoveling, eventually it gets done. This is 4x4x>2. Many, many wheelbarrows full of dirt came out of there (and had to find a new home somewhere else in my yard...)

Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #76
Nanci
I am _so_ done for the day, unless I go buy more soil. I ordered everything I need for the pond today- liner, underlayment, filter, pump, solar panel, the grids that make it shallow and hold the substrate.

Oh, and I'm out there hauling dirt around with my lawn tractor, and see my neighbor. Out drinking a beer at 9AM. We talk for a while, and I find out his wife (that he's been together with as long as I've lived here) has gotten unbearably homesick for her family in Denmark and gone home. I am so sad- for him, and I liked her a lot. No more Thanksgiving dinners over there, I guess.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:22 PM   #77
mdrews
Don't know how I missed all these updates!!!!!!Just wanted to say WOW, awsome work so far and I love your bearded dragon and how he just looks so relaxed.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #78
Snake Dave
Nanci, you're an inspiration. But also, very, very cruel. I keep coming back to your thread and realising that I can't do this in my garden.

I don't have the space (well I do, but there wouldn't be room for much else, lol) or the climate to do so.

So I guess I'll just live through you Oh and I agree mdrews, Isabel (she's a girl ) is gorgeous.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #79
Nanci
Well, I did just about nothing today! Put some blocks around the edge of the pond- thinking about how I am going to hold the liner down. Found out I needed ten more than originally thought. Those bricks will actually get set in at about ground level or slightly below, with the pond liner folded over them, with another layer of something heavy on top of that.

Found out I accidentally ordered two pond liners- it costs too much to send back- anyone in Florida need a 10x10 pond liner?? I did fill up the rest of the garden with soil and bought some tomato plants for it, but I have to actually hook up the drip irrigation before I plant them in there. I'd better get busy tomorrow...

Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #80
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, I did just about nothing today! Put some blocks around the edge of the pond- thinking about how I am going to hold the liner down. Found out I needed ten more than originally thought. Those bricks will actually get set in at about ground level or slightly below, with the pond liner folded over them, with another layer of something heavy on top of that.

Found out I accidentally ordered two pond liners- it costs too much to send back- anyone in Florida need a 10x10 pond liner?? I did fill up the rest of the garden with soil and bought some tomato plants for it, but I have to actually hook up the drip irrigation before I plant them in there. I'd better get busy tomorrow...
When my uncle did his pond, he put a layer of rocks, the liner, and then another layer of rocks... might work for you too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google