CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Daytona 2009

Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #21
ZoologyGirl
I wish I could go, but I've got no vacation time for work I'll try next year though, it sounds like a lot of you get together every year.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #22
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
There's a possibility that Tara and I might be able to make it... unfortunately we're probably not going to know for sure until a little later in the year. How long are those rates good for??
I will find out!

Quote:
Cause if roomie comes i need to find a place for the dogs to go
I will have to see if they accept dogs. If they do, hotels normally do not like dogs left in the room during the day while the occupant is out - and dogs are not allowed in the convention center.
They also normally have a size limit on dogs, how many are allowed per room and charge an additional fee for having one in the room.
Max occupancy normally in these rooms is 3-4 people. I do not believe they have a pull out sleeper/sofa.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #23
El Jefe
I've got two tables at the show...that is all I know....

Old 03-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #24
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
I will find out!
Thanks. It's really going to depend on how our finances are and also with whatever job Tara gets when she moves here in June. We've seriously been looking into the possibility though.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #25
ArpeggioAngel
More information from the hotel on how long we have to book the rooms and get these rates, how many days before/after the weekend we are eligible for these rates, and the hotel cancellation policy:

"They can book 2 days before and 2 days after the event and get the discounted rates. The last day to reserve rooms is August 1, 2009. After that date it will be based on a space available basis and rates will not be guaranteed. The cancellation policy is 6pm the day of arrival. As long as the room is cancelled prior to 6pm the day they are scheduled to arrive, they have no cancellation fees."

Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #26
kathylove
That is a very nice looking hotel! We usually stay at the Super 8, and so do Chuck and Connie, and usually a couple of other friends. I think it is usually about the same price as you quoted. The only negative is that it is on the mainland, and a bit further from all of the Expo activity.

If we had our "cornsnake dinner" in their meeting room, would their restaurant serve there, or would we have to get a catering service?

If we did have a nice, big meeting room like that for the dinner, it seems like we should have some sort of speaker(s), or contest, or awards, or just a few people giving short presentations about their newest projects - some sort of focus to go beyond just our own tables for discussion.

Is it possible to get those kind of rates at a hotel closer to the Expo? And how many rooms would we have to take in order to get that rate?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #27
whippet
*whines* I wannnnnnnnnnna

Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #28
ArpeggioAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
That is a very nice looking hotel! We usually stay at the Super 8, and so do Chuck and Connie, and usually a couple of other friends. I think it is usually about the same price as you quoted. The only negative is that it is on the mainland, and a bit further from all of the Expo activity.

If we had our "cornsnake dinner" in their meeting room, would their restaurant serve there, or would we have to get a catering service?

If we did have a nice, big meeting room like that for the dinner, it seems like we should have some sort of speaker(s), or contest, or awards, or just a few people giving short presentations about their newest projects - some sort of focus to go beyond just our own tables for discussion.

Is it possible to get those kind of rates at a hotel closer to the Expo? And how many rooms would we have to take in order to get that rate?
It is about 5miles from the convention center - straight shot out to the beach. They also offer a free hot continental breakfast every morning.
I doubt that I could get a rate this good at a similar or nicer hotel on the beach without a guarantee of many more rooms than I think we might be able to confirm. I think part of the reason they are giving me such a good rate is because I was there last year and became friendly with the manager.

As far as holding some kind of get together at the hotel - I am not sure if they have a catering department there - but if they did - it would more than likely be an additional cost - or a cost to have something catered in.
Since they are an all suite hotel geared towards long term stay people - they do not have a restaurant on site or offer room service.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #29
kathylove
We could probably look into getting a budget priced catering service, like Boston Market or Sonny's BBQ or something similar. Maybe with the bad economy, somebody will be "hungry" for the business, lol!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:01 PM   #30
Nanci
Mmmm, Sonnies...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google