CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #51
Ricky87
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Aww... c'mon, Ricky! FRED TAYLOR??? Last year's stats.. RB Played in 13 games.
Rushing - 143 attempts - 556 yards - ONE TD.
Receiving - 16 receptions - 98 yards - ZERO TD's.
Approximate Value (16 being the highest) 4.

I liked him early on in his career (AND he shares my name), but he's a has been (in football terms) now.
He does average 4.6 yards a carry over his career, and he will have one of, if not the best offensive lines in the NFL. Add that with him being able to split the load with Maroney and I think he will be very effective. Also, he's one of those guy's who stay's relatively healthy, and he isn't that old either!.

Quote:
JOEY GALLOWAY???? Last year's stats... REC Played in 9 games.
Receiving - 13 receptions for 138 yards - ZERO TD's.
Approximate Value 1.

I also liked him (former Dallas Cowboy)... but he's also a has been (in football terms).
He's not a "has been", he's a "will be", as in he will be having a big year and it wouldn't surprise me if he got near 1,000 yards this season. Seriously, he's very fast and he will benefit from minimal coverage.

Quote:
DERRICK BURGESS - Who is this guy??? Only had 2 "banner" years in 2005 & 2006 with NICE sack numbers (16 & 11 respectively). Last year's stats... DE -LB Played in 10 games.
Sacks - 3.5. Passes defended - 2. Forced fumbles - 1. Tackles 16. Assists - 8.
Approximate Value 4.

Like I said before... Who IS this guy???
He played excellent for the Eagles, and I think we can all agree that Oakland is a place where players careers go to die. The last player to go from the Raider's to the Patriots had a pretty big season, and I'm sure Burgess will have at least 10 sacks as a DE/LB. He's one of the better pass rushers in the league, and they stole him from Oakland. Mark my words; he will be great!.

Quote:
Darius Butler - ROOKIE Cornerback... really? Last cornerback that could have a major impact on the game retired in Deion Sanders... The stuff I've read says that Darius will likely be a BACK-UP this year.
I'm not expecting him to start, but they play a lot of dime defense anyway, and his speed and athleticism will get him some decent numbers. I also bet he'll take a few back for touchdowns as well. He was a steal in the 2nd round, and I expect him to be pretty good as the season progresses!.

Quote:
I know the Pats have a good coach... but c'mon man. You're gonna have to do better than THESE players to convince me that they'll win "any less than 12 games" this season.

YES, they still have Randy Moss (at least last I heard). AV - 11.
YES, they still have Tom Brady - BUT he played only 1 game last year. No AV for him because he was hurt.
YES, they did get Greg Lewis - but there are some questions about him. AV given 2!!!
YES, they still have Wes Welker - who IMHO is the BEST receiver they've got and most versatile. AV - 13

They ARE favored to win their division and the AFC... But we've seen BETTER Pat teams than this one and I think the Colts, Steelers, and possibly Dolphins have a GREAT shot at spoiling things for them.
Good smack talk though... LOL. And it was fun looking up these guys!

I know I live in New England, but I'm not a die-hard Pat's fan. I just love the team they've assembled and Tom Brady seems back to perfect health. I really would be surprised if they didn't win at least 12 games, and I'm expecting 14. As for Randy Moss, he's still the best in the game, and he's going to strive to get a ring this year. The Patriots want to win a ring badly this year, and I don't see any other team as talented as they are. I'm still picking the Steelers to repeat, but the Patriots will have more regular season wins than Pittsburgh. Still, I appreciate the stat hook-up and I look forward to seeing it all unfold. For now, though, I'm hard-pressed to bet against the Pat's as regular season champs!.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #52
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky87 View Post
but I'm not a die-hard Pat's fan.
Of course you're not grasshopper. I don't see anyone else writing 3 page diatribes on the ""qualities"" of has-been throwaways that they signed this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky87 View Post
I'm hard-pressed to bet against the Pat's as regular season champs!.
I've never heard of such a thing?! Is there a trophy given out?? Lombardi already has one. We'll call this one the Belichik! 19-1 Baybeeee!!

D80

Old 08-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #53
The_Thunderer
LOL. Like I said before... that's why they play the game and we watch. Since that first SB win, I've kinda turned into the same person I am in Basketball.

In Basketball, I'm an anyone BUT the Lakers guy. Can't stand them, never have. LOL.

In Football, ANYONE but the Pats or Steelers. I just can't stand "SMUG-ness". I love the days of humble coaches, like Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs (well, his first time around). Dick Vermeil too.

I think by straddling the fence with those two, you're kinda "hedging your bet". LOL.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #54
Ricky87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Of course you're not grasshopper. I don't see anyone else writing 3 page diatribes on the ""qualities"" of has-been throwaways that they signed this season.

I've never heard of such a thing?! Is there a trophy given out?? Lombardi already has one. We'll call this one the Belichik! 19-1 Baybeeee!!

D80
Hey, bring it on!!!!. 19-1 is one of my all-time favorites, but that roster is just too good this year to bet against. At least in the regular season. Their post-season success, however, depends on the defense and I'm not sure they'll be up to par. Their good, but I'll take the Steelers D any day of the week. James Harrison is just plain nasty, and Troy Polamalu comes up huge when the lights are at their biggest and brightest!.

Quote:
LOL. Like I said before... that's why they play the game and we watch. Since that first SB win, I've kinda turned into the same person I am in Basketball.

In Basketball, I'm an anyone BUT the Lakers guy. Can't stand them, never have. LOL.

In Football, ANYONE but the Pats or Steelers. I just can't stand "SMUG-ness". I love the days of humble coaches, like Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs (well, his first time around). Dick Vermeil too.
Hey, I don't love the Pat's, but I can't deny their talent/coaching. I agree with coaching like Landry and Gibbs, but Tomlin and Bellichick are great in their own right. I don't love either team as far as being a die-hard fan, but I go by what I see and right now their the cream of the crop.

Quote:
I think by straddling the fence with those two, you're kinda "hedging your bet". LOL.
I'm not hedging my bet, I just think that the Steelers defense will ultimately end them up with the Lombardi Trophy, but the Patriots talent and division will give them the better regular season record. If this league included playoffs I would be Steelers through and through, but for the regular season I like New England. At heart I'm a Ravens fan, but in reality their a Brandon Marshall away from being a true contender. Still love them, though!.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #55
airenlow
I'm in......

Old 08-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #56
CrousesCorns
Any room left? If so I really want in on this.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #57
VinnyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
I'm in......
Quote:
Originally Posted by crousescorns View Post
Any room left? If so I really want in on this.
PMs sent.

There's still plenty of room for anyone that wants to get in on this contest.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #58
Jynx
I'm in Vinny!

Old 08-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #59
VinnyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynx View Post
I'm in Vinny!
PM sent...

Old 08-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #60
CaptBogart
Ok, I'm in, but we'll have to keep the fact that I'm Raider Nation on the down low....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google