• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Corn Snake Justed Striked =(

:..becca..:

My new corn just striked at me i stuck my hand in to feel the temp and it struch. any suggestions how to prevent this from happening again?

~becca

You scared him. He's in a brand new home with brand new smells, as far as he knows your going to eat him. You just need to be patient and gentle, in time he will learn that your not going to hurt him. Untill then dont move close by his head, or hover over him. When picking him up just reach in and scoop him up.

It probably will happen again. Yep, he's going to strike until he gets used to his new home, and to you. Just be patient and he should settle down with time.

P.S. Don't check temps with your hand. Get a thermometer--or as your sister says, a temperature thingy.

yup, just keep holding him (after he has settled in to his new home, from 5-10 days depending on who you talk to). He will strike again but that reflex will go away when he does not get his way and notices you are not a predator.

Brave!

I tell you what, I still have yet to stick my hand in a bin with a snake. I just have this fear that it will hurt, I know what a woos right??? I have actually started to get used to them, but I did help with the cleaning process one night with my boyfriend (VinnyJ) and he just laughed because I was so freaked out over sticking my hand in to get the snake out, funny I guess. They will get used to you though. I do like to hold them after he has taken them out for me! Good luck! Just thought I would share my little fear with you! :eek1:

Back