CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Kisatchie X Amelanistic = Amel Kisatchie? Snow?

Old 07-18-2002, 01:10 AM   #1
benjamina
Question Kisatchie X Amelanistic = Amel Kisatchie? Snow?

Wouldn't it be interesting to find out what happens if you cross a Kisatchie with an Amelanistic and then cross the resulting offspring (double-hets???).

Would it look something like a "snow" corn? What would the saddle colours look like, would it be on a white background or would it be entirely something else?

Perhaps Don Soderberg could tell us? Or is it a secret?

Cheereos,
Benjamina

Old 07-18-2002, 11:04 AM   #2
Darin Chappell
Smile

I have no idea what they'll look like, but I just traded two gravid kisatchie females to Don Soderberg for a blood red male and an extra female (morph of his choice). Both of those females were exposed to two males before I bought them. The males were an amel and a sunglow motley. So, those two kisatchies are going to produce the cross you asked about, and some of those babies may well be het for motley also.

I'll keep you posted as to when they hatch and what they look like.

Darin

Old 07-20-2002, 12:37 AM   #3
Serpwidgets
Agreed...

I would guess that the appearance of Kisatchies is not from "a gene" but rather a lot of selective breeding. I don't think you'd "recover the trait" in the F2s to create anything resembling snows.

Of course if I'm mistaken it would be a simple matter to prove me wrong.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google