CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

Old 06-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #31
carriecat2
WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!

Old 06-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #32
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecat2 View Post
WOW! The color changed so much! He was so much darker as a baby! As his color changed, the contrast on the pattern is detailed, all that black lining! COOL! Nice pictures, he's one beautiful snake!
Thanks! I'm very happy with how he turned out!!

I posted this right after, not sure if you saw it.
There are subtle differences in the hatchling pics between my male Brokk, and Walter Smith's female (pictured in the previous post), and how different they turned out as adults.

That's one of the fun things with producing babies, is seeing how they turn out as adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
The Dam in Walter Smith's Miami/Candycane clutch is one of our babies, and a sibling to Brokk's.

Here is her hatchling pic, after a couple sheds, and as an adult (Walter's photo).

Most of them turned out more like Walter's female.

Don Soderberg has one of the Miami Tessera's from that clutch as well.

When I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz, I thought that since he was an Okeetee Tessera, that it would take at least a couple generations to get a nice, Miami look.

Needless to say, we were very happy to find that the babies looked so Miami in the first generation!

Old 06-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #33
carriecat2
That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?

Old 06-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #34
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriecat2 View Post
That little hatching looks almost black ... So there's no real way to tell how a baby will grow into adult (just like in the human world), the pattern seems pretty stable, color is more a surprise. If that dark dark hatching turns out to be so colorful, how do you determine which one to hold back from a clutch?
It's easier to tell in person, when looking at the babies.
Sometimes there's just something that catches your eye about. DAI-09, for example, caught my eye, and will be staying with me, at least for a while. There are a few that I think will turn out like the sire, color/sharpness wise.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #35
carriecat2
It's truly fascinating, thanks for explaining it

Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 PM   #36
MysticExotics
No problem

Old 06-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #37
Kris13
oh! Congrats on the beautiful babies. I'm starting to save my money. (g)

Old 06-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #38
MysticExotics
Thank you! I will post more pics after they shed!

Old 08-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #39
MysticExotics
Apparently I failed to post any more photos of the babies in this thread, but I did start THIS thread, for available babies from this clutch, which have post-shed photos.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #40
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
This one is most likely going to be a keeper.

DAI-09 Miami Tessera

Three more to emerge (two Tessera's and one more Miami).
I'm looking forward to their first shed!
This is the one I kept, and I am glad I did! She reminded me of her Sire, Brokk, and she is exceeding my expectations of how I thought she'd turn out!

I finally got around to naming her too. LOL
This is "Echo"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google