CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Alabama locality

Old 11-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #41
Elke
Alabama Babies now or in the future?

Hello!

I'm looking for an Alambama locality baby and was wondering if you're still breeding and whether you might have any babies now or in the future.

Thank you so much!

Old 11-28-2014, 06:15 PM   #42
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke View Post
Hello!

I'm looking for an Alambama locality baby and was wondering if you're still breeding and whether you might have any babies now or in the future.

Thank you so much!

I am planning on a Alabama locality pairing this year. Hopefully I will get some babies.

Old 11-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #43
MysticExotics
This is the pair I will be pairing together.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #44
Elke
Alabama

Thank you so much!

They are simply gorgeous. What treasures! I love the natural look. Much closer to what we'd see here in Tennessee. 😊

Any good time for me to check back? June or July-ish? I don't want to check back and be too late.

Thanks, again, so much!

Old 11-28-2014, 10:41 PM   #45
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke View Post
Thank you so much!

They are simply gorgeous. What treasures! I love the natural look. Much closer to what we'd see here in Tennessee. 😊

Any good time for me to check back? June or July-ish? I don't want to check back and be too late.

Thanks, again, so much!

If you're on FB, keep an eye on Mystic Exotics FB page, I will post updates on any clutches there, as well as on this forum.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:27 PM   #46
Elke
Thanks so much!

Will do!

Old 06-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #47
Cane
Hi all. Alabamas are 1 or 2 on my list of favorites depending on my mood! Of course while I'm obvserving or handling my Okeetee Shesha, Okeetees are my favorites. I'm not really in a place where I can get into breeding right now but I hope to be able to breed a few lines sometime in the not too distant future. I was thinking about maybe breeding just a single pair though. Should I just get another Okeetee maybe het for something or could I breed an Okeetee with an Alabama and get something worth while? I'd love to have an Alabama along with my Okeetee if I'm going to have 2 corns but I would want offspring that are good looking and very adoptable. As you can see I know ZERO about genetics so go remedial in you answers please.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #48
MysticExotics
IMO, breeding an Okeetee to a Alabama is going to take away from both beautiful types. You would be dulling down the bright colors of the Okeetee, and taking away the metallic grey on the Alabama.
I'd like to see the Alabama locale be strengthened before being crossed too much into other morphs.
I considered pairing Alabama's into a really nice Miami, to enhance the grey, but I sold my Alabama 's for others to focus on the Alabama project.
The one I really regret letting go of was Mica, the WC female I had.
She was the best Alabama, hands down, that I have ever seen.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #49
Cane
Thanks! That answers that . I'll just get another Okee then until I can get in deeper.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #50
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane View Post
Thanks! That answers that . I'll just get another Okee then until I can get in deeper.
I think that would be a good idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google