CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
MysticExotics
2011 Alabama Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X WC Alabama)

Here is part of the Mica/Taz clutch (Tara has the others). I have six of the babies in house, one of which is *literally* in house.

Mica07T (Tessera) escaped from me on 6/30, as I was cleaning (his) bin. He flew out & before I could catch him, he ended up on the floor, went behind the rack & went under the molding where it meets the carpet. (He-I think he's a male) is one of the non feeders. He had refused five meals offered, prior to escaping. (Maybe he knew that tube feeding was next).

I really hope he turns up (alive), but the odds are not good.
I have named him "Indiana" for Indiana Jones.

Here are the other 5 I have.
First is Mica01T (I think is a female)-this one is sentimental to me, because (she) is the first baby I have bred & hatched.
Next is Mica02AZ (I think is a female)-one of the three Aztec patterned babies, that we are calling "Taztecs". The Tessera gene has an effect on the pattern, without actually being a Tessera.
Then there is Mica03N (I think is a female) who has great borders, very pretty coloring coming out & a little bit of patterning.
Here is Mica10M(is a male) that has a bit of a Motley patterning, & this is the one with an "X" on the head. This was one of the non feeders. He refused 5 meals, & then I tube fed him twice, very small amounts since he hadn't eaten yet. After the second tube feeding, I left a small pinkie in his bin overnight, & it was gone in the morning! Woot! I skipped feeding him last night because he's starting to turn blue. I hope he continues to eat. (Fingers crossed).
One more Tessera, is Mica12T(I think *hope* this one is a male).
This one has been a better eater for me.

The theory of why so many of this clutch are problem feeders is possibly because mom was WC (captive the past 4-5 years).

Old 07-16-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
chris68
Look how different the tessera's are in color vs. the Taztec and the one underneath. Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.

Awesome looking clutch...Wow, your first hatchling was a tessera? Way to set the bar, Heather!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Rishi
Wow! They look great! Still crossing my fingers that little "Indiana" shows up... ><

Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
Walter Smith
Hey Heather, congrats on that clutch. It will be interesing to see how they turn out with the Bama color influence.

Looking forward to seeing progression on them.

Walter,
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
SnakeAround
Does the first miss a scale on its nose?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
Look how different the tessera's are in color vs. the Taztec and the one underneath. Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.

Awesome looking clutch...Wow, your first hatchling was a tessera? Way to set the bar, Heather!
I will be using this thread as a progression thread, so you guys can see how they grow up.

Thanks Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
Wow! They look great! Still crossing my fingers that little "Indiana" shows up... ><
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Hey Heather, congrats on that clutch. It will be interesing to see how they turn out with the Bama color influence.

Looking forward to seeing progression on them.

Walter,
BOUT' CORNS !!
Thanks Walter! I have a feeling the F2's are going to be where we see the real Bama influence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
Does the first miss a scale on its nose?
Do you mean the white on the nose? If so, not, that's just the markings....cool, huh?

Old 07-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Here's more pics of the Mica babies at my house
Mica01T
Mica02AZ
Mica03N (sorry about poop & blurry pic)
Mica10M
Mica12T (turning blue)

Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
crackerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68 View Post
...Would be neat to chart color variations in Tessera clutches with normals, if only to see if tessera alters colors as well as patterns.
I've taken notice of how the Tessera genetics seems to affect the non-Tesseras in a clutch.. From observations it seems to enhance the depth and distinction between colors. The animals seem brighter, sharper and better defined. It's as though Tessera improves the looks of normal siblings as well. I sold some normal siblings last year and the buyers have brought them back for me to see. They are growing into handsome snakes. They stand out among their non Tessera influenced cousins. It will be a fun thing to follow.
Congrats on a great clutch!

Terri

Old 07-20-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
Do you mean the white on the nose? If so, not, that's just the markings....cool, huh?
I meant the spot in between those four cream colored scales on the nose of the first one, it looks like there is an empty space to me.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Thanks Terri! I have noticed that too with these two clutches. I will keep a couple sibs to see how they turn out, & will probably do some test breeding with them as well.

Ah, Blutengel, I think it's lighting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google