CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2011 Miami Tessera F1 clutch (SMR Okeetee Tessera X unknown lineage Miami phase)

Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #11
Tara80
Wow they turned out so beautiful!
I don't know what you've got planned Heather, but I know I plan to breed the tesseras back into miami...
I love the coloration already!

Old 07-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
Rishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
I don't know what you've got planned Heather, but I know I plan to breed the tesseras back into miami...
I'm excited to see this!

Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
Out of curiosity, what are your plans for the normal siblings?
Some of them will be holdbacks, just to see how they turn out. I am sure some of the Normals will be avaiable at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
So what will you do next? One of these tesseras to a Miami again?
Yes, breedng back to Miami. Depending on the male to female ratio, I'd like to do at least one Tessera to Tessera pairing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
I'm really happy with this clutch Tara! I have a couple Miami's here I can use to breed them to, but one of the males will definitely be bred back to Kaia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
I'm excited to see this!
Me too!!

Tara got first pick on this clutch & she'll be getting baby #5.
Baby #18 is my favorite, so s/he will be my first choice.

Most of the babies have shed, I'm waiting on a few others. I will wait a week after all have shed, & then I will offer food.
I'll probably wash pinks, just to increase my chances of getting them to eat.

I hope to get these babies established eating, sexed, & then we can be growing them up for future breeding.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
MysticExotics
I have a few more to add
The last four have had their first shed in the past couple days...all four are Tessera's.
Kaia15T
Kaia16T
Kaia17T
& my personal favorite Kaia18T
(there's two of Kaia18T)

Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
MysticExotics
16T does not have the cleanest pattern, but is one of the lighter ones & I think will turn out more Miami-ish.
I'm excited to see these babies grow up!
I'll likely only pick one of the Normal babies to hold back, from my half of the Normals, & I will make the rest of my Normals available.

This clutch is being offered their first meal tonight...fingers crossed that they all eat!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
MysticExotics
Update on the Miami Tessera foundation clutch

As far as the Tessera babies:

Kaia05T & Kaia18T are *definite* ones that Tara & I will be keeping. (05T is her favorite, 18T is my favorite.) They will be key players in creating our Miami Tessera's.
15T is going to Walter
06T & 11T are going to other breeders (Don is getting one & a local breeder is getting one)

Tara & I will be picking at least one more to keep (depending on sex ratio confirmation this weekend), & there **might** be 1 or 2 available for sale.

16T does not have a real clean stripe, however, I am told that per Don, regardless of how clean their pattern is (or is not), Tessera's will still produce nice looking Tessera babies. This is one of the ones that are starting off lighter, & looks like it will have a similar frosting effect that Kaia does, in the saddle coloring.

It appears that we are female heavy on this clutch, we'll confirm that this weekend.

Normal siblings:

04N & 10N are gonna stick around for a bit, & maybe one or two others. These babies are lighter & lean more towards the Miami coloring than our other Tessera clutch, so I'm anxious to see how they turn out.

Whatever Normal siblings that we don't keep (most of them) will be available for sale.

Most of the babies have had two meals so far. We should have a better idea of what babies will be available after this weekend.

I will be adding more pics within the next few days or so.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:47 PM   #17
MysticExotics
Kaia baby keepers at my house:
First is Brokk (male Tessera keeper)-this stubborn little one still won't eat. I'm not worried yet, it's only been 3 meals.

Next is Sevan (female Tessera keeper)-she is one of the lightest of the babies. I'm attatching pics of without flash & with flash.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Here are the two Normal siblings that I am holding back.

First three pics are of Ketan, the male Normal sibling, that IMHO is pretty much perfect.

The other two pics are of Keyah, the female Normal sibling, she is almost banded & has a weird head pattern.

(I've taken some without flash & some with flash)

Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
WillyCorn
Beautiful babies. I love Kaia02N's patterns just gorgeous. Good luck with them.

Old 08-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyCorn View Post
Beautiful babies. I love Kaia02N's patterns just gorgeous. Good luck with them.
Thank you! He's one of the problem feeders, I hope to get him eating. Fortunately, there's only a few that are problem feeders, out of 18 babies. We lucked out on this clutch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google