CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Alabama locality

Old 11-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #11
MysticExotics
I hope you find your camera soon!
I need to take more recent pics of Allie & Stone. They're slower growers, & I haven't bothered them as much for pics. I have more pics of Devon & Zayvion, since they have been growing like weeds!

Old 11-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
Yes, you can see it & I'm excited to see them full grown!
I also wonder about what Tara mentioned, that there might be some sort of recessive or dominant gene at play.

Another curious thing I noticed, was that a couple of these babies have het Sunkissed type markers, where the other Tessera clutch did not.
We should know soon about the recessive-ness of this gene. We talked a few months back, how it could be a sex linked genes as I have noticed the females tend to be more silverish and the males a burnt orange-ish type tone to them.

This was a male that I found hit by a car. We tried to bring him back but he was too far gone. (Also Pike county)

Old 11-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
MysticExotics
I agree, I really thing there's something that is sex linked with these guys, as I have yet to hear of anyone who has found a male that is grey like Mica or Sunshine. I'd love to find a male that was, to focus on that color of Alabama's but I think you're right, I think males are going to just be more of a golden/bronze/burnt-orange/copper type color.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
Walter Smith
Oooo, I wanna play !!!..........LOL

I just noticed this thread Heather. Hope you don't mind if I join in??

Here are pics. of the only Bama's I have left. These are captive hatched 2010 F1s from a pair of wild caught adults from my area, which is the Northeast region of Alabama...........Dekalb Co. to be exact.

I've taken more of an interest to the rusty brunt orange coloration over the silverish coloration in the Bama corns,
(not to take anything away from Mica she is a very attractive snake), however as you can see, my female is starting to develope just a hint of the silverish color on the latter part of her body. Not quite anywhere near as much as Mica, but my girl is getting some.

There is a dimorphism between male & female in this area as well.

Image 1) Male ~ Dekalb Co. locality
Image 2) Female ~ Dekalb Co. locality

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:10 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Of course Walter! You're the reason I have Alabama's!

Thank you for joining in!
Beautiful snakes! They're 2010's?

Old 11-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
Of course Walter! You're the reason I have Alabama's!

Thank you for joining in!
Beautiful snakes! They're 2010's?
Yes, these are 2010 hatch.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
exar15xe
Here is a Female Alabama I have thought it was a male at first before she layed eggs. She was probed by 3 different people and was probed as a male.
Now I just need an alabama male to breed to her. I might breed my tessera male I got in a trade to her in the future. This pic does not do her justice she has more silver then what is showing.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Is that the one we talked about a breeding loan, & I asked if you were sure was a male, & then "he ended up being a she"?
She is beautiful.
Did you see the F1 babies from the Alabama X Tessera clutch that Tara & I produced last year? I think you should definitely do that pairing, IMO, you will love the babies!

Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #19
Buzzard
Very nice Kevin. It can be real hard to catch the true silver/ gray that they have. Do you know which county yours is from?

And the hunt continues for the elusive male Alabama corn snake...

Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
ratsncorns
Oh, I would love an Alabama Tessera! Can't wait to see how they progress!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google