CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Alabama locality

Old 03-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
exar15xe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
Is that the one we talked about a breeding loan, & I asked if you were sure was a male, & then "he ended up being a she"?
She is beautiful.
Did you see the F1 babies from the Alabama X Tessera clutch that Tara & I produced last year? I think you should definitely do that pairing, IMO, you will love the babies!
Yes shes the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Very nice Kevin. It can be real hard to catch the true silver/ gray that they have. Do you know which county yours is from?

And the hunt continues for the elusive male Alabama corn snake...
She is more then likely from Mobile/Baldwin county she was caught about five years ago by some grad students. The hunt for the elusive male alabama corn is crazy. I think if I had unlimited funds and all the time in the world it will take forever.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by exar15xe View Post
Yes shes the one.

She is more then likely from Mobile/Baldwin county she was caught about five years ago by some grad students. The hunt for the elusive male alabama corn is crazy. I think if I had unlimited funds and all the time in the world it will take forever.
I figured as much. LOL

It's like trying to find Bigfoot! Geesh! Haha

Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
Buzzard
Heather,

Here is another female Alabama that was brought to us yesterday - she is also Pike Co. location

Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #24
MysticExotics
Very nice, Buzz! Now if someone can only find a male. LOL

Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #25
Buzzard
Quote:
Very nice, Buzz! Now if someone can only find a male. LOL
lol... I hear ya...

How large are your Alabama's? Sunshine has never been over 225 grams and just at 3 ft long. This new girl is quite small as well, and the ones from Sunshines native clutch are small too. However, the outcrossed Alabama's(those het for other things) seem to be growing at a faster rate and on pace to be larger snakes....

Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #26
MysticExotics
My three pure Alabama locality snakes are 500 grams or more. Mica was close to 700 grams at one point.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #27
Buzzard
Quote:
My three pure Alabama locality snakes are 500 grams or more. Mica was close to 700 grams at one point.
Interesting.... It "seems" that the corns in my region are smaller animals in comparison to the area where yours are from. Just an observation,??? Out of the handful that I have seen (DOR and in my collection) Sunshine is the largest one...

Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #28
MysticExotics
Quote:
Interesting.... It "seems" that the corns in my region are smaller animals in comparison to the area where yours are from. Just an observation,??? Out of the handful that I have seen (DOR and in my collection) Sunshine is the largest one...
That could be.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #29
Buzzard
Heather:

Here is a recent pic of the 2011 Alabama het amel stripe - the outcrossed ones display more black on their saddles than the WC ones. The 2012 babies have shed and we do have a male for you

Old 07-10-2012, 01:24 AM   #30
MysticExotics
Quote:
Heather:

Here is a recent pic of the 2011 Alabama het amel stripe - the outcrossed ones display more black on their saddles than the WC ones. The 2012 babies have shed and we do have a male for you
Awesome! That would be great, thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google