CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Alabama locality

Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 PM   #31
ryoverde
Though I am not in Alabama nor currently in its locality club, I wanted to update followers of this thread that Heather has laid the awesome responsibility of breeding Tane & Tora on my (very green) shoulders.... I have never attempted to breed any snakes before ever. I am astonished, amazed and touched that Heather has trusted me with it, especially as things initially went poorly because Tane escaped my Lee Herp Habitat. Lucky for me, right after I confessed to Heather, Tane either decided a) he was hungry, or b) that he missed Tora, because he showed himself in my little snake/African Violet room and was re-caught. Now I have duct tape (duck?) over all my lee herp habitats, but I'm not losing anyone else! <g> Just goes to show that confession *is* good for the soul...

iHerp page: <http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=86133dc3-9ab8-4363-b51e-391ca73aad0e> or search under "ryoverde"

Old 12-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #32
Buzzard
Congratz Cara on your pick-ups..... We have several projects on-going with the Alabamas as well as an Alabama tessera.
Here is what you should expect from hatching Alabamas.....

They tend to look almost Anery when hatched..
They lighten back up to almost normal after the 2nd shed..
They start getting the colbolt gray in after the 1st year..
Females "tend" (not always) to be more gray than males..

That is just a few thing...

Congratz again
Buzz

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #33
MysticExotics
Cara has the het Hypo pair from Walter, so the babies are going to look different.
They have a tan ground color, more like a Crimson, but they have the black borders.
They do have the Alabama thick borders at the tail.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the babies from Tora & Tane turn out, as well as all of the projects Buzz & Jamie will be working on!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #34
MysticExotics
This is one of the babies I produced two years ago, from the Alabama X Tessera clutch (co-op with Tara Smith)
She's with a friend of mine, & local breeder, Matt Stewart-NW Bloodlines.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
ryoverde
Re: Alabama-Locality Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
Cara has the het Hypo pair from Walter, so the babies are going to look different.
They have a tan ground color, more like a Crimson, but they have the black borders.
They do have the Alabama thick borders at the tail.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the babies from Tora & Tane turn out, as well as all of the projects Buzz & Jamie will be working on!
Huh, my 1st breeding too, no pressure!!!! :-)

Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #36
Queentigress19
Cool Alabama Corns

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I are very interested in the Alabama Corns. I haven't been able to find them anywhere in Florida. I seen a few today at the Repticon Reptile Expo, but the guy swore up and down that they were Florida Corn's, and that he has no idea why people are listing them as Alabama Corns online. I feel that he is totally wrong, especially because the Alabama's are gorgeous and I can't find them anywhere. If there is a breeder out there that can tell me more about them and that would be willing to ship one, I would greatly appreciate it. I have seen a couple different variations of the same colors in them, but I would really like the darker variation. Of course, I have only seen pictures of them online, so I don't entirely know how accurate that is. Please reply back either on here, or email me personally at queentigress19@hotmail.com. I do have 2 corns already; an Anery and also I believe a candy cane color (Not entirely sure yet). I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queentigress19 View Post
Hi there!

My boyfriend and I are very interested in the Alabama Corns. I haven't been able to find them anywhere in Florida. I seen a few today at the Repticon Reptile Expo, but the guy swore up and down that they were Florida Corn's, and that he has no idea why people are listing them as Alabama Corns online. I feel that he is totally wrong, especially because the Alabama's are gorgeous and I can't find them anywhere. If there is a breeder out there that can tell me more about them and that would be willing to ship one, I would greatly appreciate it. I have seen a couple different variations of the same colors in them, but I would really like the darker variation. Of course, I have only seen pictures of them online, so I don't entirely know how accurate that is. Please reply back either on here, or email me personally at queentigress19@hotmail.com. I do have 2 corns already; an Anery and also I believe a candy cane color (Not entirely sure yet). I really appreciate the help!

Thanks!!
He's probably referring to "Miami's" which did originate from Florida, but these are from Alabama, hence the Alabama name.
I no longer have my Alabama's pictured here, I sent most of them to a friend in Alabama to continue with the Alabama locality projects.
There are a couple people here that have true Alabama locality Corns, & hopefully at least one of them will have some Alabama babies this year.
Keep an eye out for them after babies start hatching.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #38
MysticExotics
I figured I should update this.
I now have two WC Alabama locality snakes again (I got both from Buzz).

Serious (female) is from St. Clair county, Buzz acquired her from Alton

Bigfoot (male) is from Pike County

I am looking forward to continuing the Alabama projects again.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #39
HerpsOfNM
Heather...

I'm sure you get this a bit, but please do keep me in the loop on these guys. I think Walter was working with some 'Bama corns, but this season was bunk. I'd have to check emails we'd had going.

I'd love to do some more locality corns.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #40
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
Heather...

I'm sure you get this a bit, but please do keep me in the loop on these guys. I think Walter was working with some 'Bama corns, but this season was bunk. I'd have to check emails we'd had going.

I'd love to do some more locality corns.
I will! I am really hoping to be able to continue the Alabama lines, and work on my 2nd generation of Alabame/Tessera projects.

Locality corns are one of my favorite.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google