CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

Old 04-22-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
MysticExotics
2014 Mystic Exotics Cornsnake project (Miami Tessera X Miami-2nd gen.) HATCHLINGS!!!

I wasn't initially going to do this pairing, but I had a couple requests, so I had to borrow a Miami female from my friend Tara.

I paired Daisy (LBR line Miami female originally from Katie H) with Brokk (Miami Tessera male produced by myself (and Tara, I borrowed Tara's male Tessera, Taz).
Daisy is an LBR line Miami and is poss het for Amel and Motley
Brokk is poss het Amel

This is my first year producing babies from a parent that I produced.
I have to say, it's pretty exciting!

Daisy laid 12 perfect pearly white eggs on Friday, April 18.

Now for the countdown!

6/23/14- I'm adding pics of the dam/sire to the Miami Tessera

Brokk's Dam was an odd looking Miami phase, that I have no history on. (I recently found out that she is het Amel, as one of her offspring recently produced Amels).

His Sire was an Okeetee Tessera, with no hets. (Pics of Taz were taken by Tara)

Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #2
spyderk
Miamis are beautiful! I can see why you had requests.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:34 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Thank you!

Old 04-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #4
TyeW
Wow..miama tessera has got to be my favorite morph at this point. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
MysticExotics
Thank you! Miami Tessera is my favorite, as well.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
Walter Smith
Congrats Heather !! That male Miami Tessera is amazing looking !!

My Miami Tessera girl did excellent with the entire process, of course you know this is her first year breeding. She laid 23 eggs total ( 21 fertile / 2 infertile ) on 4-22.

Here is a pic. of her breeding ID photo & her in the nest box. Thought you might be interested in her progress??

Hope you don't mind me posting the pics. for ya? If ya do, please delete my post and sorry.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 04-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
MysticExotics
No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
No worries.
Thanks for posting updated pics of her! It's always fun to see how the babies you produced turn out!
Congrats on the eggs!
Good deal. I thought you might like to know how she did and Thanks !!
I know it will be a while, but I can't wait for her eggs to hatch.

The sire Candycane is from Carol and her Miami line is strong, so I think the offspring are going to be amazing !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #9
MysticExotics
I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
I imagine those babies are going to be pretty spectacular.
Tara and I were incredibly happy with how the 1st generation Miami Tessera's turned out. We fully expected it to take a couple generations to get that Miami look, so needless to say, these Miami Tessera's are ahead of the game already, but turning out so nice.
I agree. As most of us know, when you start a new project with Miami and any non-Miami, most of the time the F1 gen usually still has alot residual orange wash.

That's what I mean about Carol's Miami line being strong. In 2009 I used my Miami het Motley from Carol to a Amel Bloodred (Pic. 1) to start a project and the F1 gen was amazingly close to textbook Miami coloration...(Pic. 2 as adults now)

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google