CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2015 Miami Tessera X Miami Tessera progression thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #11
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
I was going to vote Malachite as a Super as well.
Is it the unbroken dorsal stripe that makes you think that?

I'm looking for any/all possible markers that might indicate a Super.
Of course we won't know for sure, until I prove out which ones are, and which ones aren't, but I have to start somewhere.

In theory, (about) 1/3 of the Tessera's *should* be Supers.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #12
Tavia
I'm basing that on something about the head pattern, particularly the sides and cheek areas. It's not something I can really articulate but I've noticed it on Max, my probable Super. It's also something that Persephone has, my other Tessera from a Tess/Tess pairing, so I'm hopeful it actually is a marker but she's awhile off from being ready to breed. My other for sure het Tessera corns don't seem to have it though. It's very subtle and hard to describe, not sure I'm just seeing something that might not be there.

A few of these babies also kind of look like they might have it but the angle is wrong on a lot of them to really see the area I'm looking for.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #13
MysticExotics
Quote:
I'm basing that on something about the head pattern, particularly the sides and cheek areas. It's not something I can really articulate but I've noticed it on Max, my probable Super. It's also something that Persephone has, my other Tessera from a Tess/Tess pairing, so I'm hopeful it actually is a marker but she's awhile off from being ready to breed. My other for sure het Tessera corns don't seem to have it though. It's very subtle and hard to describe, not sure I'm just seeing something that might not be there.

A few of these babies also kind of look like they might have it but the angle is wrong on a lot of them to really see the area I'm looking for.
That's good to know! I will keep an eye on that.

Once they start putting on some size, I'll be taking more close-up photos of each baby.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #14
MysticExotics
The babies ate meal # 4 last night, only one holdout (Amethyst). The two previous holdouts ate their 2nd meal, so we're off to a pretty good start.

I cannot wait for these babies to start growing!

Old 08-30-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
Tavia
I've been staring at them so long that I've started to confuse myself, so I'll stop now. But I'm also placing my bet on Citrine being a Super.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #16
MysticExotics
Quote:
I've been staring at them so long that I've started to confuse myself, so I'll stop now. But I'm also placing my bet on Citrine being a Super.
LOL She's one of my favorites as well.
She's going to be lighter, like her Sire, Brokk.

In theory, about 5 of them should be Supers.
Murphy gave me extra Tessera's, we'll see how many Supers he gave me as well.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #17
Jessicat
They look great Heather!! Keep in mind that I know very little about Tessera morphs, but I do think it's interesting that some of their tails differ. It looks like some of the tails maintain that perfect stripe for the length of the entire tail, while some of the others are less visibly patterned and super dark.

Just something I noticed. Will be cool to watch them color up!

Old 08-30-2015, 02:08 PM   #18
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicat View Post
They look great Heather!! Keep in mind that I know very little about Tessera morphs, but I do think it's interesting that some of their tails differ. It looks like some of the tails maintain that perfect stripe for the length of the entire tail, while some of the others are less visibly patterned and super dark.

Just something I noticed. Will be cool to watch them color up!
I've noticed that too, and I am not ruling that out, but I do have a (het) Tessera (out of Miami Tessera X Cinder) that has a full dorsal stripe.

I have talked a bit with Nick (Mutton) about this, and he says in Caramel Carpet Pythons, there are markers that are (subtle) present in every Super Caramel, but those same markers are sometimes also on really nice (non Super) Caramels. He said Super Caramels will always have the markers, and some really nice non Supers will.

Old 09-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
MysticExotics
Amethyst (KAI-02) finally ate! She was the only holdout.
I hope she continues to eat. I suspect she might be a Super.

A couple of the babies look like they might be thinking about going into their 2nd shed process.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
MysticExotics
Amethyst ate her 2nd meal last night! She ate a live pinky, left in a deli, but it is still a success!
The others are all consistently eating, which makes me very happy!

Citrine, (KAI-18F) was one of the last to catch, but she is now starting to turn blue, so I didn't feed her last night.
I think it was because I gave her a little bigger pinky last time.
A little more than 1/3 of them are into the double digit rage on weight (10-12 grams) when I weighed them a week ago.

I expect more of them to start their 2nd shed process sometime soon. I will be taking more pics after each of them sheds.

I will get various head shots, overhead, body shots, belly shots, etc.
It will be a tedious process, so bear with me, I have 16 (17 if you count Quartz, the non Tessera male I held back) babies to take photos of. LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google