CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Testing for Super/Homo Tessera

Old 07-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Testing for Super/Homo Tessera

Two years ago, I did a Miami Tessera het Amel X Miami Tessera ph Amel pairing to produce Super Tessera's.
I originally planned on holding back all of the babies to test breed, but I would have needed to add more virgin females, so I opted to sell some of them, with the agreement that the buyer breeds them to see if they're Super/Homo or not.

One of the males that I sold (Lazurite), was bred to a Crimson this year, she laid 12 eggs, and unfortunately, most of them did not make it through incubation. One did hatch, a Tessera. Who knows if he caught the female late in ovulation, or something happened during incubation, but I am hopeful that he has much better luck next year.

It doesn't answer whether Lazurite is a Super/Homo Tessera, but I will be posting all results from any breedings done with Tessera's from my clutch in this thread.
Hopefully next year, he will have better luck.

I have four males and three females from the clutch that I will test out. I will probably test 2 or 3 males next year, and the rest the following year.

The females that will be ready to breed next year are a very nice Miami from Carol, with thick borders (I'm super excited about that one), a Hypo Cinder, and a Cinder.
I have another really nice Miami with thick borders that I am growing up, and a Salmon Snow I am growing up as well, that I will have for the project as well.
I will probably use my Candy Cane male from Nanci for the three female Miami Tessera's, to see if any of them are het Amel.

HERE is the progression thread for the possible Super/Homo Tessera clutch. I will add pics of the babies I have in the near future.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google