CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Mystic Exotics 2018 planned pairings

Old 01-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
MysticExotics
Mystic Exotics 2018 planned pairings

First, I have a couple of my Miami Tessera males to see if they are Super Tessera's.

I have a beautiful thick bordered Miami female from Carol Huddleston that I am super excited about pairing her with one of my possible Super Miami Tessera's.

Aster X Azurite
**HERE is the thread for this pairing**

The second Miami Tessera male (possible Super) I hope to prove out this year is being paired with a Cinder female, produced by my friend Matt Stewart, of NW Bloodlines.

Zinc X Hematite
*Zinc laid slugs

Next is a Hypo Cinder female produced by Matt Stewart of NW Bloodlines who is being paired with a Miami Tessera het Cinder male (descendant of my Miami Tessera's). I'm looking forward to some Cinder Tessera's (het Hypo).

Zairite X Vale
*No eggs

I also have a Miami Tessera het Cinder female produced by Matt Stewart, that I will be pairing with a Cinder Lava male.

Kyna X Zoicite
*No eggs

I am pairing Echo, a Miami Tessera female that I produced, now owned by my friend Rachel. Echo is staying here to be paired with my Candy cane male, produced by Nanci LaVake. If Echo is het Amel, we should have some mice Candy Cane Tessera's.

Echo X Aeetees
*Echo laid eggs, mostly slugs, one egg that looks good. I will start a thread and post it here if/when that egg hatches.

Lastly, I am pairing an Amel female produced by Matt Stewart with Brokk, my 1st generation Miami Tessera het Amel male. I know I will get some nice Miami Tessera's and Amel Tessera's out of this pairing.

Kalypso X Brokk
*No eggs

Click on the name of each to see their iHerp profile with pics.
Most of the pics on the iHerp profiles are older, I will try to get some updated pics in the near future.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
MysticExotics
Update

Some of you know I had to cut my pairing plans due to my father passing away in Feb.
I hoped I'd still end up with babies, but I knew my chances were slim.

Three of the six females laid eggs in the past 24+ hours.

Zinc laid 9 huge slugs.

Echo laid 17 or so eggs, mostly slugs, but there might be one fertile egg in there.

Aster laid about 13 eggs, most look potentially fertile.

I discovered Echo's and Aster's eggs a little bit ago, and since they're still in their lay boxes, I'm leaving them for a little bit to see if they're done.
I'll pull eggs later today and get a better count.

Kalypso and Kyne are in shed, Zairite was super cranky and restless, but she's finally settled into her laybox.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Aster ended up with 18 eggs, all look good.
One egg from Echo looks fertile, but time will tell.

Waiting is the hard part.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #4
Twolunger
Wow, Aster sure came through for you. It's funny, I have one tessera female that never lays more than 5 large eggs each year, but her sister lays up to 15. Sometimes I wish for some kind of fertility drug, but it's not nice fooling with Mother Nature. Hope you can prove out Azurite this year.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #5
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Wow, Aster sure came through for you. It's funny, I have one tessera female that never lays more than 5 large eggs each year, but her sister lays up to 15. Sometimes I wish for some kind of fertility drug, but it's not nice fooling with Mother Nature. Hope you can prove out Azurite this year.
The biggest clutch I have had so far was 30 eggs laid, 26 of those hatched.

I'm really looking forward to the babies from Aster, as well as the lone egg from Echo. I'm really hoping that baby is Amel, proving her to be het Amel.

We will try again next year with Echo and Aeetees.

I am hoping for 100% Tessera's with Aster, but I also have requests for non Tessera babies out of that clutch, so either result will be good.

I'll likely be holding back a couple babies to further my thick border Miami Tessera plans.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:52 AM   #6
MysticExotics
I don't think the other three are going to lay eggs. It's probably for the best, but I am a little bummed.

A couple of Aster's eggs are likely going bad, but the others look good, and Echo's single fertile egg is still looking good.

I am really looking forward to these babies!

Old 06-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #7
Twolunger
Don't give up on the other 3, at least one may surprise you. I thought I was done breeding last year, but one female laid in August. You could use a little good luck this year.

Old 06-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #8
MysticExotics
Quote:
Don't give up on the other 3, at least one may surprise you. I thought I was done breeding last year, but one female laid in August. You could use a little good luck this year.
I have thought about that, I had one that I didn't think took, and a few months later, she laid 30 eggs in July, right before I was leaving town for a trip. I was showing the gal who was to be pet sitting for me the different snakes, and when I opened her bin, she was in the process of laying eggs.
Needless to say we were both shocked to see that. LOL

The three are headed out to their new home this week, but I'm watching them closely. They all ate for me last week, which isn't a certain factor, but I've not had any eat right before laying before.

The new owner is aware of the possibility. They could end up with an added bonus! LOL

Old 06-10-2018, 01:40 PM   #9
Twolunger
My female ate just 3 days before she laid, so I was not expecting eggs. Unfortunately, when she laid the eggs were under the aspen in a row and I didn't notice them. They puckered and dried out. I no longer have good sensitivity in my fingertips like my son does, so when he stops over during breeding season I'm always handing him a snake to check. He asked me why I can't feel the eggs and I told him I couldn't feel a chicken egg under a paper towel. LOL.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #10
MysticExotics
Quote:
My female ate just 3 days before she laid, so I was not expecting eggs. Unfortunately, when she laid the eggs were under the aspen in a row and I didn't notice them. They puckered and dried out. I no longer have good sensitivity in my fingertips like my son does, so when he stops over during breeding season I'm always handing him a snake to check. He asked me why I can't feel the eggs and I told him I couldn't feel a chicken egg under a paper towel. LOL.
LOL!
Sometimes I can feel eggs, sometimes I cannot, so I still check, but am not always right.

Sorry to hear about the eggs, that sucks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google