CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Mystic Exotics 2018 planned pairings

Old 07-26-2018, 01:10 AM   #21
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
I've never tried for a second clutch either, my first priority is always that they recover from laying eggs.
I did with my Buf Tessera last year, even using a different sire, but only because she didn't even look like she had laid. I think it was helpful that she ate small meals even up to a few days before laying. Most of mine though? No way. I think it just takes the right female in the right set of circumstances.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:26 AM   #22
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I did with my Buf Tessera last year, even using a different sire, but only because she didn't even look like she had laid. I think it was helpful that she ate small meals even up to a few days before laying. Most of mine though? No way. I think it just takes the right female in the right set of circumstances.
I have had a few double clutch over the years, never intentional.
I was kinda surprised that Echo double clutched, after the majority of her first clutch were slugs. It was all slugs on the second clutch, and I found them all buried in the aspen. LOL
Her lone egg still looks good. It's not nearly as big as the eggs in Aster's clutch, which have gotten huge.

I'm suspecting that Aster will d/c because of the timing of her most recent shed, and the fact that her first clutch is about due to hatch. I put a lay box in her bin just in case, and she's been hanging out in it the past couple days, so maybe. If she hasn't laid by the time I get off work this morning, I might try to grab a quick weight on her.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:30 AM   #23
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
Amel motley male x hypo plasma female (my only clutch this year)
Creating some multi hets.
First time for the female which produced 6 eggs. 2 of the eggs leaked and died early on.
The remaining 4 look great.....
Looked at all my old records of incubation durations all the way back to the late 90s thru 2006 when I would have about 15 to 20 clutches per year and found that they normally started piping between 64 to 69 days with few exceptions or possible errors on my part recording dates.
I think overall, mine have been 64-66 days before hatching.
What temps were yours at? Mine incubate at room temp, averaging 80 degrees.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #24
Frank Pinello
For most of the data I collected the temps were on the high side 85 to 91 degrees in my garage with my collection. In the later years I would move the eggs to my back patio where for the most part would be around 81 to 88 degrees. Not sure which year I started placing them in the back patio.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:15 AM   #25
Twolunger
My last clutch started pipping at 65 days. Don't know what I'll get from the pair. I call them Heintz 57 pairs. The male is an Upper Keys caramel diffused het amel and the female I got from my son, who says it's an anery, het diffused, hypo, motley/strip, charcoal & amel. Last year I got morphs I could barely identify from his females. Makes it kind of fun, but I don't end up keeping any of the hatchlings.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:20 AM   #26
Twolunger
I incubate at a steady 82 degrees until the last 5 days, then I keep them at room temp of 80. Makes it easier to check on them without going in the incubator every day.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:18 AM   #27
MysticExotics
Mine incubate on a shelf in the snake room, with an ambient temperature averaging 80°.
I think one of the thermometers is off. One read consistently right about 80, the other consistently read 84-85. They sit right next to each other, and I even switched the containers around, no change.
Still no pipping yet. It looks like Aster might be done. Looks like a small clutch of slugs.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 AM   #28
MysticExotics
HERE is the thread for the possible Super/Homo Dom Miami Tessera clutch for this year.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #29
Frank Pinello
One of the 4 eggs started pipping today.....day 65.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:47 AM   #30
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pinello View Post
One of the 4 eggs started pipping today.....day 65.
Nice! No pipping here yet, as of tonight before I left for work. Any day now...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google