CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

2018 Miami Tessera p/h Amel X LBR Miami p/h Amel Motley

Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
MysticExotics
2018 Miami Tessera p/h Amel X LBR Miami p/h Amel Motley

This is my first test clutch from the possible Super/Homo Dom Miami Tessera clutch that I produced in 2015.

UPDATE: 8/1/18 babies have started to hatch, and there are some normal (Miami) babies, so I know that Azurite is NOT Super/Homo Dom.
Azurite is now available for $100, shipping is additional. He is possible het Amel.

I paired Azurite (ME-KAI-15-17M) with Aster, my LBR Miami. There are 16 out of 18 eggs, they should start pipping any day now. They started hatching on day 71.

I am very excited about this clutch, and will be happy with the results either way, whether they're all Miami Tessera's or if I get half Miami Tessera's and half "normal" Miami babies, they should be fabulous. I'm really hoping for the thicker borders that Aster, the Dam has.

I will definitely be holding back some babies to continue my Miami and Miami Tessera projects.

Here are the parents:
Sire: Azurite
Dam: Aster

Next are the paternal Grand parents:

GrandSire: Brokk
GrandDam: Kai

(I'll put the paternal Great Grand parents in the next post)

Old 07-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #2
MysticExotics
Paternal Great GrandSire: Taz (SMR Okeetee Tessera)
Paternal Great GrandDam: Kai (Miami phase-unknown lineage)

Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I got home from work to find Aster laying a second clutch. I suspect they're going to be all/most slugs.
I only saw 4 or 5, I'm pretty sure she's no where near done yet.
I'll check again tonight when I wake up.

No pipping yet.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Day 71,they started hatching!!

One has emerged, and a second one is thinking about it. LOL
I saw several little noses peeking out.
I am so excited for these babies!

ME-AST-18-01 6 grams

Old 08-01-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
blacktip
It looks like somebody is not a super tessera. But still a pretty baby. Great contrast.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
Frank Pinello
Oooooo.....that one looks like it will turn out to be a very nice Miami phase.
I'll need you to post photos of each one as they emerge from the eggs and after they shed. Lol.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:07 AM   #7
MysticExotics
No, Azurite is not a Super/Homo Dom Tessera, but I was just as happy with normal Miami babies in this clutch, because of the Dam, I'm hoping for some really nice borders.

Thank you Frank!
I apologize for the delay, I work graveyard shift, and was sleeping. I woke up to a few more babies out of their eggs, and I got them weighed, and quick phone pics, but I won't be able to post them here until I get settled at work.

I moved each egg to their own bin, so they are emerging in random order, compared to their numbers. This is the first year I have done it this way, it does make it nice not to dig through the substrate to find babies hiding at the bottom. LOL

I work a 12 hour shift tonight, so I might not get photos of the ones that hatch after until after 11am tomorrow morning.

I'll try to upload a few from my phone real quick, but I was havinig problems with the size on the first one, so it might not work.

Old 08-02-2018, 01:18 AM   #8
MysticExotics
The photos aren't uploading on here, but I was able to get them onto my iHerp page.
The ones that have hatched are on it.

https://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals...1-2adcae0f29d1

Old 08-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #9
MysticExotics
ME-AST-18-02

ME-AST-18-02 is a normal (Miami), and is still contemplating a full exit of his/her egg. LOL

This one is probably going to have the lighter coloring.

Update: 8/2/18- I went home on a break and three had emerged, including this one. 7 grams

Old 08-02-2018, 06:33 AM   #10
MysticExotics
ME-AST-18-03

ME-AST-18-03 is a pretty little Miami Tessera. Sorry about the horrible lighting on some of these.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google