CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

more eggs!

Old 08-08-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
Hjorrdis
more eggs!

Well I was right in thinking my female was gravid because she indeed is laying more eggs.... This is the first time she's had two clutches a year.

But how long should it take? I noticed about 5 hours ago and there were already about 10 eggs at that point... She's still got bumps in her and every once in a while I see another egg on the way out... so should I be worried that she's taking a long time? I think it might be because I've noticed in the middle of the process and she's getting stressed about it. Usually she does this at night and I don't notice until the morning when she's done.

I would have liked to get all the eggs out when they weren't stuck together, but she's still going and I don't want to disturb her more if it's making her take longer.

At what point should I be worried?

Old 08-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #2
Jessica71
I think as long as they are coming out and she's not stuck on one particular one, it's ok. My experience is narrow as I've only had one corn lay eggs, but she took quite a few hours to lay ten - we arrived home that day at 4pm so I don't know when she'd started - she already had two or three then, and she finished just before midnight. As long as you have a good dampish nest box they should be ok there for now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google