CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

CornSnakes Forum on Tapatalk!!! Thank you, Rich!!!!!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM   #31
ratsncorns
I would be willing to wait for a vb4 upgrade. Granted, it might take a year or two due to financial availability on this forum, but I am willing to wait! I think that might be less risky than using a possibly unsecure interface.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #32
Susan
Well Rich, you're not the only dinosaur around here, and are in fact less of a dinosaur than I am as I personally do not own a cell phone. Hubby has one, but I really have no use for one. I am not one to chit chat on the phone. If I have to make a call, it is for a reason and messages are short and to the point. I use the phone more at work simply because I have to. I have my computer at home and at work that I can use in my free time (30 minute lunch). I am not that addicted to communicating with others that I can't survive the rest of the day without it.

And as for the use of cell phones while driving...that needs to be made illegal, the police force tripled and the law enforced to the fullest! I don't even like to hold a conversation with someone else in my car while I'm driving! I really hate it when my husband starts pointing out all sorts of things out and then gets angry when I say "No, I did NOT see ____ because I'm concentrating on the road and traffic!"

Old 08-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #33
El Jefe
Hey kids, off the grass!

I am an evolved dino-bird-a-herptile

I have a smart phone but I do not feel tied to it. I rarely surf the web on it use it mostly for email, text, and phone calls. I don't even have a hard line anymore so the only calls are on my phone. Web surfing and all that web-based stuff is my laptop or desktop.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #34
JohnNJ
Well that settles it. We have established that the dino's that either don't have a cell phone or are not using their cell phone for anything other than a paperweight make up an insignificant fraction of one percent of the almost 16k members of this forum.

BTW, did I mention that Tapatalk would lend itself amazingly well to FaunaClassifieds. And people using Tapatalk for FC would have to JOIN to make full use of the features. That would mean MORE members.

Rich: Your programmer sounds like the ones I work with... "You just don't understand. It's complicated!"

Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #35
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
Well that settles it. We have established that the dino's that either don't have a cell phone or are not using their cell phone for anything other than a paperweight make up an insignificant fraction of one percent of the almost 16k members of this forum.

BTW, did I mention that Tapatalk would lend itself amazingly well to FaunaClassifieds. And people using Tapatalk for FC would have to JOIN to make full use of the features. That would mean MORE members.

Rich: Your programmer sounds like the ones I work with... "You just don't understand. It's complicated!"
I have FULL confidence in my programmer and trust his judgment. He's been working with vBulletin for a VERY long time. Apparently he has also corresponded with the folks at Tapatalk to try to get the security issues resolved but found them to be non cooperative. He has absolutely nothing to gain by steering me away from a problem for my sites, and actually it would be in his best interests to talk me INTO something of this nature because it would mean MANY more hours (that I would be paying for) for him to be troubleshooting my sites when things went sour. So he is most definitely looking out for my (and most of the members here) best interests. Surely no one here would like to see this site go belly up because an insecure module allowed hackers to perhaps irretrievably damage this site?

BTW, your statistical analysis logic apparently needs some work. Surely you don't believe that all 16K registered members on this site have viewed this thread and made public comment on it. Even a dinosaur recognizes statistics that are made with fudged numbers.

And actually I DO understand. I have a background in programming, which my vBulletin programmer is fully aware of.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #36
Nanci
Since I'm a dinosaur with a love for gadgets, I just ordered pizza from my iPad, sitting out at the Water Garden. No personal interaction with humans or, God forbid, phone conversation required! Now I can track it right from here, too. I think I will browse the latest digital edition of Wine Enthusiast while I'm waiting.

Did I mention I hate being tethered to a PC or big bulky laptop?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #37
dwyn127
I can't wait till this whole computer fad is finally over!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #38
stackaholic
tapatalk please? bump

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #39
Rich Z
Nothing has changed concerning my previous statements concerning this issue, I am afraid.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #40
Dakafall
I know you stated nothing has changed, but still wanted to voice my opinion as being heavily in favor of having a mobile friendly forum of some sort (even if it's a mobile web version)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google