• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rerouted to AFF...

Yep - got me again on the iPad, though not AFF this time. Thanks for your diligence on this, Rich - I know enough Web to know what a pain in the butt this script is...

Expect some downtime here in the very near future. I'm either going to have the current server completely wiped or else just get another server and move the sites to it. In either event, obviously everything will be shut down. I will give as much warning as I can about when this takes place.

Thanks Rich. We appreciate all the hard work you do for us here. Maybe we all need to purchase a snake from you to pay you back. Haha.

Thanks Rich. We appreciate all the hard work you do for us here. Maybe we all need to purchase a snake from you to pay you back. Haha.

We could do that if he hasn't sold off all his snakes years ago now ;) Although I am sure encouraging those to become contributing members is appreciated. However I agree. Thank you Rich! I have only been coming to here on my phone since my desktop is in the middle of the house. Last thing I need is for my girls to see me looking at naked girls.

Last edited:
Well, I hired a third party security outfit to take a look at things, as a sort of second opinion thing, but they are proving to be a disappointment. It appears they are only push button script initiators. Both my programmer and myself telling them that this is a SERVER level problem and not a domain level didn't make the path from their eyes to their brain. So what did they do? They ONLY checked the domain FaunaClassifieds.com. And my programmer contacting them hours ago pointing out their error has not been responded to.

Sheesh....

Sigh....

Not going to be any easy way out of this one. The new server security guy says my OS is basically toast. It's surprising the sites are still running at all.

So, I'm going to be getting a new server, since the hardware is certainly outdated by now on this one. Things are going to get ugly around here pretty soon, so expect some random outages. I'll let the half dozen or so members who check in to this forum what I can when I can.

Yes Rich, thank you so much for your time and efforts! Of the few snake sites that I'm a member of, this is, by far, my favorite! :)

Kathy

Now I kind of feel bad about pointing this out. Though I guess someone else would have been two seconds behind me.

I'll be here when things get going again. Definitely will be checking in. Sorry for all the crud you're having to put up Rich, but thanks so much for keeping this site the best around. Hopefully the headaches are less than you imagine.

I can only stay on here for 10 minutes or so before my 'puter goes crazy telling me it's blocking malicious URLs. Just went into a loop of the page refreshing and the 'Danger Will Robinson' messages going into overload!

I also thank you for taking the time to figure out what the problem is/was and for the effort (headache) of getting the problem fixed :)

I haven't really checked on the thread today, but I just pulled up the CS site on my phone and when I looked down, it was a video of a girl who could have used sometime more clothing. Too bad I still had my contacts in at the time. :(

I haven't really checked on the thread today, but I just pulled up the CS site on my phone and when I looked down, it was a video of a girl who could have used sometime more clothing. Too bad I still had my contacts in at the time. :(

Same thing happened to me a little while ago. Luckily my wife was watching TV and not what I was doing... That would have been fun trying to explain...LOL

Oh I have already explained to my husband what was going on with this site just in case although if he had caught that without me saying anything he would have just been upset I was looking at that kind of stuff without him.

Sorry that some of you are getting into trouble (or narrowly avoiding such) over this.

I've got a new server lined up, just waiting for buy-in on the idea from my programmer. The security guy says it is actually overfill for my needs, but I would rather it be that way than marginal. So with any luck maybe we'll see some positive gains arise from the ashes.

Not sure when it will be ready and the site moves commencing, but I'll try to give you all as much lead-time as I can. I'm guessing the sites may be down as much as two days. I hope less, but I've never had a server change go smoothly. Maybe the new guy will make a difference and surprise me. It would be nice to get a PLEASANT surprise once in a while.

It isn't your fault Rich. No need to be sorry and I think all of us will survive a few days offline for the better of the sites we love so much. It might be hard and we might go through withdrawals but we will survive.

I thought I would let you know though that google ad on the side bar under the fauna ad just had a naughty site on it. I am not sure if that is because of all the talk about AFF or what. I didn't notice what site. I didn't even notice it till I had already click on another page so I don't know what it was advertising I just know the girl was naked.

Got to run to the drug store and buy a case of Excedrin..... :blowhead:

I lived off the migraine formula today...it's got 250mg acetaminophen, 250mg Aspirin, and 65mg caffeine (basically 1 oz of espresso). I upped the caffeine with one of those 24 oz cans of mountain dew.

Headache without Excedrin/mnt dew :bang:

headache faded, but cracked out on caffeine... :eek1: :crazy02: :smash: :crazy01:

I had my main hdd fry itself some how last Wednesday (10/2) and had the joy of reinstalling everything this past Wed and Thurs (I'm tired of clicking agree, ok, install, finish). So far I've got no redirects via the fresh comp on IE 10, but I'm also running Web Of Trust (WOT) and Do Not Track Me. IIRC DNTM utilizes a hosts file to block certain advertisements. I know on my iphone/ipad there use to be ad ad banner between the forum dashboard (user cp, chat, FAQ, etc) and the "What an edit button". This is not visible within IE 10, but I do see the banners for, currently, corvetteflorida.com, snickersnakes, and fauna topsites.

My ipad 1st gen is currently showing an ad for Earthwise Pet Supply between the dashboard and the vbulleton message (I'm not logged in reasons). Safari did fire up a popup, but I've got sarafi in private browsing mode and all it did was load a blank page. I just logged in (23:18 MDT) via my iphone and received no redirect at either login or when clicking new posts (both are points where I'd typically redirect).

Back