CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Ideas for stubborn feeders

Old 04-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #1
11malibu
Ideas for stubborn feeders

I was watching a video on YouTube from snakebytes/BHB and they said about rubbing pinkies on a sardine or tuna. I guess corns like the smell although they don't eat fish. They also said about rubbing the pinkie in lizard gut. Just wondering if anyone had used these, I may use the tuna one today to get my baby corn to eat.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Chip
Yep, I've rubbed pinks on everything imaginable.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #3
11malibu
Did you find any to work?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #4
Chip
Sure. Nothing works on every baby, so it's often a matter of trying until something makes them eat. I'd say lizard, ivory soap, and pouring boiling water over the pinkie has worked best for me.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #5
11malibu
Ivory soap?

Old 04-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
Chip
Yep, the plain ol' 99.6% pure kind, just a dab.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:24 PM   #7
11malibu
Never would have thought that, I can see tuna and that type of stuff working.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:30 PM   #8
DuxorW
I've had success with soap (I didn't have ivory but used a clear fragrance free brand), quick dips in boiling water, and by using "reds" instead of pinks, which are basically freshly born mice a little bigger than a bean. I find that once a baby eats a few times with these methods they switch to unaltered pinks pretty quickly.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
11malibu
Mine ate her first meal when I first got her, completely unaltered pinky. Now she doesn't want anything to do with them. She lost a gram haha, down to 10 grams. I'm not worried yet but I am gunna try tuna today.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
Chip
If that doesn't work, pour some boiling water over the pink after a couple of hours. If it still want eat, double check your temps. Sometimes babies go off feed, we'd all love to know why.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google