CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

reputation points

Old 02-28-2005, 08:59 AM   #21
DAND
Some people just give negative points for no apparent reason. I just received (my first) negative rep points from cornman1979 for my response to the question asked in the thread below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade Jinx
ok, so just out of curiosity, how much do you all handle each snake? time wise? by the way, i got a digital camera and finally got a nice pic of my two babies... (my avatar). cute hah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Once a week when it's feeding time. Maybe twice if their tub needs attention.
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...1&page=1&pp=10

Old 02-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #22
Mangrove
Red face

I too have received negative points for just a response to someone’s question. I know the rep points mean nothing but I like too have green bars, because it shows you contribute and people don’t take them away just because they can. When you go to give/take rep points it should have to go through Rick first to see what is valid and what is not.

But this would stick Rich with a lot of work so I guess it will just stay the way it is...

Can anyone help me out here??

Old 02-28-2005, 11:13 AM   #23
oldhand
I've just got 1 from cornman as well, a possative point though.

Anyoneelse have a good or bad point from him?

Old 02-28-2005, 11:18 AM   #24
CAV
Quote:
Some people just give negative points for no apparent reason. I just received (my first) negative rep points
Must be something in the water around here, this seems to be contagious.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:21 AM   #25
TrpnBils
I think the rep points are a good idea, but I don't think it necessarily works right all the time. It's nice to know who really has their head on their shoulders, but there are also some select people on here with equal or higher points than me that I would, under no circumstances, ask for advice with my snake. This is mostly because they just have an insane number of BS posts and not much to actually contribute to a discussion...

Old 02-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #26
princess
I don't read too much into my own points (but it is always nice to know that people are giving you a pat on the back for a job well done), I'm just happy to be part of this forum and being part of the cycle of learning and teaching.

...but one gripe I have (no names will be mentioned here and please...I'm not flaming, just stating it as I see it) is that there's a certain member who hasn't been a part of the forums very long, asks lots of ultra-basic and/or non-relevant questions (that could be answered just be reading a little), likes to despense lots of advice yet does not and has never owned a cornsnake before .....and this person has 2 rep points (as of last week or something).

To someone who is brand new and asking questions on the forum, if this particular member gives answers, it looks as if they have experience and can be trusted for the wealth and accuracy of the information offered when in actual fact, the advice is being given by someone who has amassed their knowledge of corns from merely asking a helluva-lot of questions over the last several weeks. To me this is not on.

We more long term members can keep track of who has been around for 3 weeks or 3 years but a brand new member asking questions about the wellbeing of their snake does not have that luxury....my .02 -sorry it went on for a bit!

Old 02-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #27
CAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils
This is mostly because they just have an insane number of BS posts and not much to actually contribute to a discussion...
HEY! I resemble...I meant resent that!

Old 02-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #28
princess
Thumbs down

hehe, I just went to check to see how many points I actually have and saw that I've just received my first ever NEGATIVE points...with no coment from a person (who was not even contributing to that thread). I don't see what I could have done to offend them?? Whilst I'm not overly fussed by the need to build up my points to high numbers, if someone is going to give me negatives, I'd like them to tell me why...makes sense I suppose doesn't it?

Old 02-28-2005, 11:44 AM   #29
mbdorfer
Quote:
Some people just give negative points for no apparent reason. I just received (my first) negative rep points from cornman1979 for my response to the question asked in the thread below.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...1&page=1&pp=10
I got negative points from him for my response in the same thread.
Guess he thinks we're doing something wrong, cause we don't handle our snakes everyday.

I noticed that he didn't respond in that thread .

Old 02-28-2005, 11:51 AM   #30
princess
OMG...It was cornman1978 who gave me the negative points with no explination too!!! I wasn't going to mention any names (for risk of being accused of flaming) but seeings he's doing it to everyone else, I may as well inform you of his actions against me too. In my particular case I stated that I house some of my snakes together with no problems...I guess he doesn't agree with that husbandry practice!

Nasty little SOB he's being...huh!!!!!

FYI...this http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...669#post125669 was the thread

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google