CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator(s) needed here....
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
tricksterpup
Hey Rich,
I also supermod another site Aquafacts.net. If you need help, i am here if you need it.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
Dave123
Go ahead and put my name down too.

Thanks for the site Rich.

Old 02-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #13
PtDnsr
I'll chime in and say if you need me I'm here. There are a lot of good people that have already volunteered and I'm hoping there's a few more that I think could do the job (but I'll wait and see if they volunteer).

~Katie

Old 02-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #14
ghosthousecorns
If we have to have one I think Mike (MBDorfer) would make a great moderator, I have never seen him take sides, reprimand or belittle anybody.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Eremita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Hi Rich.

I re-read that thread, and I think it would be helpful for potential mods and members alike if you gave us your opinions on what went wrong in that thread. I haven't seen any temp-bans issued to the participants (yet), so I'm genuinely interested in how you view the exchange. I definitely see problems in the thread, but I don't know if my view lines up with yours, and I'd like to know.
I would like to know also. While I will only have one vote (or one vote-set), I am going to take this very seriously as I am particularly interested in the health of this forum. It will be harder to judge someone's appropriateness if they have not posted anything in such threads previously, but to whatever extent I can determine that their judgments align with your wishes I will use that to vote. Basically, I cannot imagine the situation improving from this unless there is a level of harmony amongst the moderators and site owner/you, and your response to the above question impacts my interpretation of who can best enable that.

Thanks,
-Sean

Old 02-03-2007, 08:17 PM   #16
lefty_mussolini
I'll volunteer too if you need me Rich.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #17
Joejr14
Just wanted to say that I'm glad this is finally happening. I think this will be a great help to you, Rich. At least this way you don't have to handle all of the little crap like dealing with spam posts and other issues.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #18
Susan
Wow! I've ignored that thread until I saw Rich's name as the last reply (since I have no snakes for sale, I really can't help fill any snakes wanted), got curious, saw the lock, became even more curious and I had to read it from start to finish. Too bad I missed a chance to post as a Private word with evil_cornsnake_lover may have made her realize many of the later posts were simply good-natured banter amongst friends. A few explanations may have prevented her lashing out like she did.

As for your request for moderator volunteers, many good people have already volunteered their services. Even though I cannot guarantee that I will be able to keep up with all the threads every day, with some help from the members (PM or e-mail notifications about a problem thread) and the other chosen moderators, I would try to do my best to keep CS the best forum site on the net. I'm not perfect and have had some problems, and have made posts I perhaps shouldn't have. I do generally try to think my responses through, read and re-read posts before submitting, and on many occasions, simply refrained from posting until later, if at all. Thumper's father gave good advice..."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." (Yes, the children and I recently saw Bambi again.) I fully understand and accept the potential "hate mail" I could get, as well as the potential loss of business. But considering that I'm not in this for the money (have been in the red since '96) and that I also have inherited my father's voodoo doll and voodoo instruction manual ( ), I think I can live with it.

So, I am officially announcing my running for the nomination for the position of Cornsnake.com Moderator. (May God have mercy on my soul.)

Old 02-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #19
Drizzt80
Rich,
A. I have to admit I was shocked at your post requesting moderators for the forum. I hadn't read through the linked that thread at all until tonight, so I wasn't aware of the words spoken there. Interestingly enough, it didn't seem to spill out into other areas (BONUS!!), and hence my surprise at your request.
B. I have to agree with what I think Roy was getting at . . . why wasn't/isn't ECL put on a 3 day ban for her words in that thread?
B 1/2. I personally think ECL is a 'known' troll that's fishing for controversy . . . but I could be wrong on that account.
C. I would be willing to offer up services in moderating, but do believe I'd nominate others over myself (in not particular order): Roy Munson, desertanimal, mdorfer, jazzgeek, DaemoNox, Susan, DAND, blckkat, lefty_mussolini . . . just to name a few. Of course any one of them would have to WANT the job!
D. Would it be possible to make the moderator(s) you choose anonymous to the forum itself? Obviously you would know who they are. This may appear as a quality that would appear negative (ie. Someone abusing the power because noone knows who they are), but I think it would give someone the ability to do their job with impunity as you want it done. The mod would be anonymous, but obviously their actions would not, and ultimately, you'd know who did what.

Just some thoughts,
D80

Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80
D. Would it be possible to make the moderator(s) you choose anonymous to the forum itself? Obviously you would know who they are. This may appear as a quality that would appear negative (ie. Someone abusing the power because noone knows who they are), but I think it would give someone the ability to do their job with impunity as you want it done. The mod would be anonymous, but obviously their actions would not, and ultimately, you'd know who did what.

Just some thoughts,
D80
I initially thought that as well, but changed my mind once I realized that a well-known moderator would have more success in calming a situation down than an unknown member.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread