CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

View Poll Results: Vote on one or more moderators for this site
blckkat 33 15.94%
cka 14 6.76%
CMLReptiles 12 5.80%
cornsnakekid92 9 4.35%
DaemoNox 26 12.56%
DAND 33 15.94%
Dave123 12 5.80%
diamondlil 52 25.12%
Drizzt80 35 16.91%
Fenderplayer108 15 7.25%
Joejr14 46 22.22%
lefty_mussolini 36 17.39%
mbdorfer 67 32.37%
MohrSnakes 40 19.32%
PtDnsr 11 5.31%
Roy Munson 117 56.52%
snake5007 1 0.48%
stangs13 4 1.93%
Susan 86 41.55%
tricksterpup 5 2.42%
Tula_Montage 24 11.59%
tyflier 22 10.63%
None of the above - I don't like ANY of the selections 3 1.45%
None of the above - I don't want moderators at all. 16 7.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

VOTE for your choice of moderators on this site!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #31
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I agree that post count is irrelevant to the question of mod capability. However, I do not agree that simple "nice snake" replies are of no value in photo threads. Those replies promote members' passion in the hobby, and encourage them to post more photos. I think the photo forum here is a great resource, so I can't discount these kinds of replies.
Agreed. I think everyone enjoys getting a supportive, cheers-type reply when they're showing off their snake (not asking about a problem). Warm and fuzzies, if you will.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #32
BRoSKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Gosh, wonder what I've been doing around here for the past 2 years.....
LOL joe i threw ya a vote your posts have helped me out in the past thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 09:54 AM   #33
Russell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
I agree that post count is irrelevant to the question of mod capability. However, I do not agree that simple "nice snake" replies are of no value in photo threads. Those replies promote members' passion in the hobby, and encourage them to post more photos. I think the photo forum here is a great resource, so I can't discount these kinds of replies.
Well said Dean, when I finally came back to this thread to check something out, the first reply of, uh no I don't think so Russell, and saw they also said it had no value. My fingers were ready to fly. But I see you beat me to it LONG ago! So no need for me to make the same reply! I totally agree with your reply.

*you must spread some reputation around before giving to Roy Munson again*

well that just stinks...oh well...LOL!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:00 AM   #34
Lexcorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexcorn
Sorry Russell, I do not agree, & this is not a reflexion on Tula, I would suggest that the number of posts is not, necessarily, indicative of appropriate advice.

There are many New people who 'rack up' their posts by simple insertion of "Nice photo there mate" or "Gee that's cool"...........which is of no value to the relevant thread.
Quote:
Original post by Roy Munson
I, completely, agree with what you're saying here Roy. I, particularly, appreciate the response to Photo insertions.

There is a subtle difference between the genuine praise / comments which are listed, appropriately & very welcome, in the Photo Gallery..... &....... those interjections which are banal & are only executed to add to a persons' post count.

The post count is, as you know, the main context of the reply as it is mis-leading to view the "Count" (alongside some individual's Avatars') as Wisdom.

Please Note that I have 'covered my back' by inserting (some individuals)!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 AM   #35
Russell
Come on, Rich stated it earlier, no matter how many votes anyone gets, he's still going to make the ultimate decisions here. He's not going to let anyone he's not comfortable with be a moderator. So let's think about that too for a second and not worry who gets votes. This is just giving him a good idea what the general concensus is. And yeah, I have too much time on my hands...

Old 02-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #36
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Come on, Rich stated it earlier, no matter how many votes anyone gets, he's still going to make the ultimate decisions here. He's not going to let anyone he's not comfortable with be a moderator. So let's think about that too for a second and not worry who gets votes. This is just giving him a good idea what the general concensus is. And yeah, I have too much time on my hands...
How do you figure that? I don't recall stating something like that at all. So please, by ALL means show me where I did.

If someone were to be nominated or volunteer to be moderator and I would have felt they were COMPLETELY unacceptable, then they just would not be on this list. As indicated in this thread, YOU are voting for who YOU want to be moderator(s) here. This is in YOUR hands.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #37
Russell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
How do you figure that? I don't recall stating something like that at all. So please, by ALL means show me where I did.

If someone were to be nominated or volunteer to be moderator and I would have felt they were COMPLETELY unacceptable, then they just would not be on this list. As indicated in this thread, YOU are voting for who YOU want to be moderator(s) here. This is in YOUR hands.
oh. thought I had read that somewhere....my bad. I'm sorry. I apologize Rich. Have a nice day!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #38
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
And did it ever occur to the rest of the country that we Floridians LIKE being the state that will determine the winner of an election, one way or another?!
Yeah, but you know, Susan.....as goes Ohio, so goes the rest of the country.

regards,
jazz

Old 02-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #39
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
Yeah, but you know, Susan.....as goes Ohio, so goes the rest of the country.

regards,
jazz
Hmmm, who is from Ohio?

Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #40
El Jefe
Vote me...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google