CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

what do the more experienced owners think??

Old 04-21-2008, 05:55 AM   #1
*~* D@N BOI *~*
Question what do the more experienced owners think??

i was thinking of feeding my corn twice a week say monday morning and then again thursday evening. she's about 8 months old and im feeding small pinkies also shes about 12 inches maybe longer??? do you think i should feed her a bit more or is once a week ok. also she isnt thin or fat just lean no ribs or spine showing.

many thanks dan

Old 04-21-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
TWGarland
Most people feed pinks once every 5 days for hatchlings, every three days is too much

Old 04-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #3
Nanci
A three-day interval is not enough time for digestion, in my opinion. What if you just fed her every five or six days? Feeding too often runs the risk of regurgitation, which is often followed by death.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
*~* D@N BOI *~*
thanks ill stick to once a week she seems fine with that never seen her searching for food many thanks dan x

Old 04-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~* D@N BOI *~* View Post
i was thinking of feeding my corn twice a week say monday morning and then again thursday evening. she's about 8 months old and im feeding small pinkies also shes about 12 inches maybe longer??? do you think i should feed her a bit more or is once a week ok. also she isnt thin or fat just lean no ribs or spine showing.

many thanks dan
I'll be honest, I'm far from experienced.

But, I fed my corn every 4 days on single pinks, and every 5 once I got to double pinks. In your case I would feed monday and friday, and then feed the wednesday of the next week. Also, feeding friday and then moday wouldn't be a good idea. That's why you would have to wait for next wednesday.

About the thin or fat thing: Can you see very clearly see her spine?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #6
Susielea
Here's a link to a good feeding guide, that might be useful, as it goes by the weight of the corn, not the age/length

http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

Hope that helps,

Old 04-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #7
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post
Here's a link to a good feeding guide, that might be useful, as it goes by the weight of the corn, not the age/length

http://cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50106

Hope that helps,
But remember, like Dean (Roy Munson) said in the OP (Original Post), it will not work with all corns. My corn is 32 grams but he is by no means ready for fuzzies.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
*~* D@N BOI *~*
you cant see her spine no or ribs she seems just nice and lean

Old 04-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm1313 View Post
But remember, like Dean (Roy Munson) said in the OP (Original Post), it will not work with all corns. My corn is 32 grams but he is by no means ready for fuzzies.
I don't think you're interpreting what I wrote correctly. I wrote:

Quote:
...not all corns will cooperate 100% with the schedule.
This relates more to the frequency of feedings than the prey size. But even where it relates to prey size, it doesn't mean that your snake can't handle the size I recommend. A snake may refuse the recommended size for some reason, but that doesn't mean it couldn't handle it.

At 32g, your snake could handle even larger fuzzies. No offense, but I'm guessing that your lack of experience may prompt you to believe that he can't handle it. Defer to my experience in this matter-- he CAN.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #10
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I don't think you're interpreting what I wrote correctly. I wrote:

This relates more to the frequency of feedings than the prey size. But even where it relates to prey size, it doesn't mean that your snake can't handle the size I recommend. A snake may refuse the recommended size for some reason, but that doesn't mean it couldn't handle it.

At 32g, your snake could handle even larger fuzzies. No offense, but I'm guessing that your lack of experience may prompt you to believe that he can't handle it. Defer to my experience in this matter-- he CAN.
Are you serious? I looked at the fuzzies at my local store and thought they were way too big. I'll tell you what. I have about 6 pinkies left in my freezer, and I'm feeding them in pairs, so In about 3 or 4 weeks i'll be ready for more mice. I'll get some fuzzies, and try with them.

But thank you for telling me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google