CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Worried

Old 01-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
02CETA24
I will keep that in mind. I will also research cohabbing snakes i just thought that when i got them they were with a whole bunch of them so i figured it would be okay. I do have one of those stick on things that determine the temp but i also want to get something else that helps with temp the heating lamp has put out a lot of heat so i have to check it on a regular basis. Lately i havent handled them all that much cause i do have a 3 1/2 year old and i know she scares them so i leave them in their cage so they are not so stressed

Old 01-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
02CETA24
i will definately keep that in mind and research it i just figured that since they have been in cages with others before that it would be okay. Lately i havent messed with them all that often cause i have a 3 1/2 year old and her being all hyped up about having snakes for a first time and i know it scares them and stresses them out so i leave them in their cage so they are not all that stressed. The heating lamp does put out a lot of heat so i check it regularly to make sure its not too hot for them. I do need to get more thermostates to monitor the heat source and keep it under control.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #13
nrfitchett4
get a thermometer with a probe you can put under the substrate($11.00 at walmart in SA). that is the best place to check the temp, right on top of the heating pad. I had to build a rheostat to use with mine to get the temp down to 85. I also use a heat lamp but it has a dimmer and is barely on, just because our living room tends to be dark.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
02CETA24
I will have to wait till i get paid again and get the stuff for them i hope they will be okay til the first. They seem to be doing fine right now we will see.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google