CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:54 AM   #81
LBoz
Dean only leaves when I irritate him. I'm trying to be better behaved. It ain't easy!! :P

Nanci, I have your phone number and I'm not afraid to use it.
Reconsider...please?

Old 12-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #82
tricksterpup
Rich, if you need help, i can mod here as well. I have modded on a Fish Forum and still do on Lori's site as well. I only have one section. lol.

Personally, being a mod on a site shouldn't be a popularity contest. I ran the campaign for Jeff but he knew It was a joke and you liked the idea. I think we should just toss in ideas and then you run with them.

But another person to toss in the list might be lori. She is pretty fair and even handed on Petfish.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #83
kathylove
I was just directed to this thread...

didn't even realize that you were doing another mod position.

Thanks for the nomination - I am honored! I do enjoy, and spend a fair amount of time on this site, and do consider myself fair and level headed. BUT - I am by nature a very non-confrontational person. I really enjoy dispensing advice - which people can take or leave as they wish. I would find it very stressful to be in "law enforcement", lol! Even in my own tree boa forum partnership, most of that sort of thing falls to Mike. It is just not my cup of tea.

But I have to say that some great names have been tossed into the ring, and I think I would be happy with any of them so far. I will definitely think long and hard when it comes time to vote.

Thanks for your consideration, though!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #84
starsevol
Nanci...please rethink your position on this....
you have already "moderated"...didn't you know???

Without your intervention a few months back I probably would have torn off David's face and fed it to Magtag......

Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #85
Kokopelli
Well what cab I do other than express my full confidence in every single person who cast his/her name in?

Eric- I feel you do yourself an injustice. At least from what I saw, a moderator should have good people skills and a developed sense of fairness/objectivity. I believe you excel in those departments... there is more than enough "herp" knowledge among the collective of the users, mods or not.- this is not a role to be taken against one's will though.

Best of luck to everyone, I really do feel they will all do an excellent job.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #86
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post

But another person to toss in the list might be lori. She is pretty fair and even handed on Petfish.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jimmy, but the last thing this place needs is the grouchy mod's grouchy girlfriend as his sidekick!

(and apparently you weren't paying attention. All my mods are now globals, so wander out of your snake section and bless the rest of the place with your super powers!!)

Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #87
Carinata
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Nanci...please rethink your position on this....
you have already "moderated"...didn't you know???

Without your intervention a few months back I probably would have torn off David's face and fed it to Magtag......

Do what!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #88
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
I haven't been to this thread in a while. Mainly because I am very content with the names put forward.
But,...other names have crossed my mind...and if we will get to vote for several, I feel guilty remaining silent when there are other excellent candidates that have not officially been (as far as I know) mentioned yet.

Kyle, Brent, KJ, and Mike all come to mind.

"DYK" seems very well represented...but balance is only fair. These guys know a lot about snakes, post a lot about snakes,...and I have observed are very excellent debaters on hot button topics.
Perhaps, as I am often wont to be, I was too subtle. The above was a nomination(s).
I preemptively PM'd each individual mentioned above...before I posted their individual name.
So now I will be frank (a dangerous operation for me,...or others,...depending on how you look at it), I officially hereby nominate Brent, Drizzt80.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
Maybe this is the time to install two mods, the work load would be lightened for Susan, Deano and An. Other, a bit.
Excellent and wise point Mike. You must be (have been) reading my mind. It would be quite a pity to see this selection, so important to us all, deteriorate into something as repugnant as a popularity contest.
That is exactly why I return to clarify the seriousness and non-frivolousness of my original post above.

And FWIW, as Lori said more eloquently and tenderly than I,...for everyone mentioned I have great admiration, respect, and friendship.
And I, for one, more than understand and embrace all of the declensions and abstentions, and all the ingredients and thought that went into them, so far posted in this thread.

NOTE : And for the sake of clarity, Wayne (medusacoils) was also nominated by me. And has not yet absolutely, positively declined.
The similar goes for Janine (diamondlil), although I love her too much to personally take responsibility for inflicting such a fate on her.
Oops, forgot one last person. Jim (tricksterpup) I second the motion of you, yourself, being an excellent candidate.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
diamondlil
I'm really hopng Nanci will withdraw her objections and go for the post. I can't think of anyone who's election would be so universally acclaimed!

Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #90
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post
NOTE : And for the sake of clarity, Wayne (medusacoils) was also nominated by me. And has not yet absolutely, positively declined.
OK Eric, I will bite! I don't know if I can come up to the level of some of the other names that have been nominated, but I am up for the challenge. I will accept!

Thank you and I sincerely hope you will reconsider, as well. I'm officially re-nominating you!

I'm also going to second the nomination for Brent (Drizzt80). He has done and been doing a lot for this site. Things like the WIR and CS.com Breeder list. He is another person who should definitely be considered!

Wayne

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread