• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Does your reptile have MITES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness it is interesting what people can find fault with. I’m glad Columbus didn’t seek advice from any of you.

My goodness it is interesting what people can find fault with. I’m glad Columbus didn’t seek advice from any of you.

You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice :cool: Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment.

I agree Wade. I guess constructive criticism and politeness only apply to those people we are familiar with?? :awcrap:

The powder consists of nothing but very finely crushed earth. You use it in your pools to soften your water, and you swim in it when you take a dip in your pool. The powder is not a chemical either, it works better then seven dust and doesn't have any pesticides in it whatsoever.
Diatomaceous earth? I use it for pest control too, but I'd hope you are using food grade rather than swimming pool grade. The food grade powder is perfectly safe, it's actually mixed into stored grain to kill weevils etc, but the swimming pool grade is not safe for ingestion at all. It works by dessicating the insects, making tiny cuts in the cuticle of the mite or insect's exoskeleton. I've not heard of it being used in a solution before, in fact if you use it around your plants outside you have to reapply it after rain.

Diatomaceous earth? I use it for pest control too, but I'd hope you are using food grade rather than swimming pool grade. The food grade powder is perfectly safe, it's actually mixed into stored grain to kill weevils etc, but the swimming pool grade is not safe for ingestion at all. It works by dessicating the insects, making tiny cuts in the cuticle of the mite or insect's exoskeleton. I've not heard of it being used in a solution before, in fact if you use it around your plants outside you have to reapply it after rain.

Diatomaceous earth I use it to prevent roches from entering my home. It is not harmful to ingest but harmful for a herp to breath it in, it will scar up the lungs. Now clay cat litter wont harm any part of a Reptile and will do the same thing that is what mite end is made of

Diatomaceous earth I use it to prevent roches from entering my home. It is not harmful to ingest but harmful for a herp to breath it in, it will scar up the lungs. Now clay cat litter wont harm any part of a Reptile and will do the same thing that is what mite end is made of
Yep, I use it instead of spraying to stop fleas from my cats, after they had a skin reaction to the spray.

Janine have you ever used front line. I dont know if they sell it in UK but it is great and last for a while

Janine have you ever used front line. I dont know if they sell it in UK but it is great and last for a while
That's what the cats reacted to. I still use the drops on the dog, but the cats had to go chemical free. Great fun, they turn into a blinding ball of furious clawing action.
I know herpers here recommend dilute frontline wiped on reptiles and sprayed in vivs for mites.

You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice :cool: Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment.

Sweetheart, I didn't say that I agree with everything everyone has to say, as you well know. I think many people here are going to the extreme trying to come up with ways that iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind.

Sweetheart, I didn't say that I agree with everything everyone has to say, as you well know. I think many people here are going to the extreme trying to come up with ways that iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind.

#1 sweetheart dont apply to me being I a guy unless you like men, I dont, I'm strait. #2 no one said iodine, Dawn liquid soap, and Diatomaceous earth will wipe out man kind. I have no idea where you got that from, did we all not read a post that only you can see? All we are saying that there are better ways to kill mites with proven methods that work instead of buying homemade mojo. I know you know better than that , as you know you are not a stupid person

That's what the cats reacted to. I still use the drops on the dog, but the cats had to go chemical free. Great fun, they turn into a blinding ball of furious clawing action.
I know herpers here recommend dilute frontline wiped on reptiles and sprayed in vivs for mites.

I use the nix for the cages being it last for 2 weeks. No sence in just treating the animal with out treating the cage.

I will ask around to see if there is a alliterative treatment for your cat. Have you tried the Nix on the cat. If not then try a small spot on the cat if you dont get a reaction in a few days then I would wash the cat with the Nix crean rinse.

The guy ( pro products ) that invented and sells the P A M is a very good friend of mine so is the guy that came up with the mite end substrate.

I use the nix for the cages being it last for 2 weeks. No sence in just treating the animal with out treating the cage.

The guy ( pro products ) that invented and sells the P A M is a very good friend of mine so is the guy that came up with the mite end substrate.

Vinny, has the Nix treatment been tested by FDA for use on animals and for reptiles specifically? Has the Nix company done any testing on reptiles?

This guy who is a friend of yours that invented PAM, is he a college educated chemist? Has his product been approved by FDA?

If I think you are a sweetheart, then I think it applies.

Vinny, has the Nix treatment been tested by FDA for use on animals and for reptiles specifically? Has the Nix company done any testing on reptiles?

This guy who is a friend of yours that invented PAM, is he a college educated chemist? Has his product been approved by FDA?

If I think you are a sweetheart, then I think it applies.

being you quoted me that means you were talking to me. Now dont say you were not directing your post to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
You shuold be the last one to talk my friend. You should take your own advice Anyone that has read my alternative diet thread will see you just made a Hippocratic statment. Quote:

your reply

http://www.pro-products.com/[/url]

Hey Sweet Cheeks, don’t get all puffy with me, I just asked a question. I’m glad to see you found PAM home page.

Has Nix been tested for use on reptiles? Is Nix FDA approved for Reptiles? Keeping in mind that reptiles are not mammals or vegetables but and entirely different organism. I only ask because these are the stupid kind of questions that were being directed at the OP.

Hey Sweet Cheeks, don’t get all puffy with me, I just asked a question. I’m glad to see you found PAM home page.

Has Nix been tested for use on reptiles? Is Nix FDA approved for Reptiles? Keeping in mind that reptiles are not mammals or vegetables but and entirely different organism. I only ask because these are the stupid kind of questions that were being directed at the OP.

#1 Dont be a AH, adress me by my name or screan name. I can call you wad or D-Wad but I dont. I respectfuly call you by your screan name nomatter how hot the convo gets. No one is getting puffy just don't call me any names and we will be fine. I just stated the facts of who you were addressing.

#2 I'm sure nix never did clinical test on reptiles

#3 it has been used by breeders and I learned the trick from someone that worked at one of the biggest wholesalers in the north east. over 15 years ago that is what they use to get rid of mites. I have used it on wild caught Italian wall lizards that I catch here in NY. Some of the introduced populations have mites . I treat them with out any ill affects. The fact that I get repeat customers that tell me they are so happy with my lizards that they recommend to other people. I have also treated Iguanas and bearded dragons that have lived many years after treatment. I do this for free to help people with their animals. They buy the nix and I help them treat the animal

#4 remember I'm going my 25 year of breeding snakes, I do volunteer conversation work with herps with my local park.dept. Which happens to be the largest park in NYC which is almost 3000 aces, I also did volunteer work at the Bronx zoo reptile house which is world renowned for there breeding programs.

#5 This homemade mojo is a old remedy that don't always work and does nothing to kill the eggs of the mites. Have you ever worked at a pet store. I have worked at a few. I cant image breaking down every cage that is near the infected cage 3 times when I can do it one time and I done. My boss had a might problem and he was using all the homemade remedies and a month later some of the cages still had mites. so I told him it was not going to work a month later frustrated listened to me, got the nix and no more mites in one treatment, it is a proven method

So the active ingredient in nix is in P A M and is tested chemical used for getting rid of mites on reptiles.

Apparently, some people still don't understand when to stop and even have to start their own little pissing contest. Therefore, I shall have to close this thread and if the OP wishes to have it deleted and place a new one up that I will close so no one can make any more comments, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back