CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Does not want to eat (first time ever)

Old 05-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
Sabine66
Does not want to eat (first time ever)

We have our corn snake (Cassy (she is about 1 1/2 years old)) for over a year now and she always eats every week, never had a problem (Even when she was ready to shed). She should have eaten last Sunday, we tried a couple days in a row, but she does not seem interested right now. I know it has not been a long time, but it is just so unusual for her, I am a little worried. She also hides much more and usual. She does got to the warm and cool side (at least she is moving around). I don't know, if she drinks on her own, we sometimes hold her over the water and then she drinks a lot. She does look a little paler (I think)... She does look fine otherwise, we looked her over. She also has not pooped (Fed her the Sunday before last), usually she would have pooped by Thursday/Friday... Do you think there is a blockage? Are we just overreacting? (I hope so).
Thanks for all your advice!

Old 05-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Tracee
Hi Sabine, I don't know if you realised, but you didn't post this in the feeding problems section! You'd get more views in there

I think you answered your own question, if she's paler it's very likely she's in the 'blue' phase and is just getting ready to shed. A LOT of snakes refuse food during this time, so don't worry. Missing a few feeds won't harm her in any way.

One last thing, just offer food once a week or however often you normally feed as opposed to every day

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google