• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

how much water do snakes drink/need

marg

hiya :wavey:

my corn prefers to lick water droplets off the side of his viv ...........I've only ever seen him use the water dish to drink from twice...........He even took a drop of water from my sons finger..........Is it ok/preferable for him to drink sprayed water or should I keep everything dry so he has to drink out of the bowl? :shrugs:

thank you

I think it is absolutely fine for him to drink droplets if that is what he likes. You wouldn't want the cage/bedding/surroundings to get or remain permanently wet since that could lead to fungal infections and skin problems, but a little misting of the cage walls should be absolutely fine.
There are many reptiles that will only drink droplets and never from standing pools of water, although corn snakes do not usually fall into this category. Mine all drink from their water bowls.
Skye

I have a green rough that drinks from the droplets and recently have seen him do it from the bowl.. which was a new one on me.. Just keep that bowl of water fresh for it, either way you have your bases covered :)

My corn practically gulps from his bowl! I didn't see him drink for the first week or so and got worried, but one night I caught him at it! I'd leave a bowl of water in there regardless. :wavey:

hiya all :wavey:

thank you everyone for the prompt replies........I do have his bowl of fresh cold water in there all the time....just in case ....lol

I think it must have been when I started putting vitamins in his water that he stopped drinking it............I just give him plain water now but he still won't use his bowl.

does he really need his vitamins????

thank you

Hi again!
I don't give my corn any kind of vitamins. I also only give only filtered or spring water at room temperature...I was told that was what was best for them.

Maybe some of the other members could answer your vitamin question! Best of luck!

I don't think vitamins are necessary. Kathy Love doesn't recommend them, or if you do, don't use it every feeding. My corns both drink lots of water.

Back