CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Drone

Old 01-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Twolunger
Drone

I was at a boat show yesterday and the wind was blowing kind of strong, knocking down signs, and flags were fluttering straight out. Then I saw a drone in the air and the wind wasn't moving it at all. The pilot had that hovering in one spot taking pictures or videos. I can't believe the wind didn't blow it all around. He or she had it flying all around a about a 20 acre site, and I never did see who was piloting it. Would have liked to ask about it.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
Rich Z
Yeah, some of the drones seem to be pretty capable bucking the wind and using GPS coordinates to just stay locked in place. I tend to be pretty conservative about such things, preferring to not see my drone get hit with a particularly strong gust of wind, putting it into the tree branches.

I would like to get another drone sometime, but I'm holding out for 4K/60fps. The video is just much better with that spec where panning is concerned compared to 4K/30fps. But it seems that the drone companies are trying to tiptoe around this, I guess because it would impact their sales of the more professional (meaning $$) drones if they make the specs of their consumer and prosumer drones too capable. 4K/30fps works just fine when the drone is mostly stationary, but 60fps makes a world of difference when the drone is clipping along at a good pace.

But I am satisfied with the one I have in the meantime. Not that I fly it all that often. Maybe if I got out more and had more interesting places to take video of it would be a different story. But realistically speaking, Florida really doesn't have all that much in the way of spectacular vertical scenery.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google