CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Juvenile ESCAPED: Advice needed, DEVASTATED

Old 08-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #11
DeuceRon
Hang in there! He will turn up, you'll see!

Old 08-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #12
BrendaCSmith
My daughter's corn escaped about a month ago. It took 10 days, but she showed up. I was lead to believe by what I had read online that they might go downward but wouldn't climb. When I was putting away my daughter's new clothes for school I found a shed skin between two of the (fuzzy-type) hangers! My daughter actually found the snake when she was coming out of the bathroom one evening, slithering in front of the door to get behind the hamper. Don't despair! Keep a watchful eye, keep water out, and keep checking the room the vivarium is in. If it's a young snake, it probably didn't go far.

Old 08-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #13
DeuceRon
Good point about going down instead of up. Ours was downstairs just exploring when we caught her in the hallway.

Old 08-31-2019, 02:59 AM   #14
Pine
Don't give up hope.
My wife just found my missing little girl in the basement next to the water heater.
2:00 in the morning and she had been missing for 30 days.
I will add that my wife had put bowls of water on every level of the house.
And as quick as I could I got her a pinky thawed out and she ate without any hesitation.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:29 AM   #15
embersfriend
Thanks y'all. We still keep water out all the time. Our water heater is in the garage but I will check! Afraid to move the fridge. He escaped upstairs where the bedrooms are but I still think he could have easily gone into the hole in the baseboard and into the walls. Still hoping to find him...

Old 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #16
anthroterra01
Keep up hope! My first escapee, a juvenile, was never found. But one of my others has escaped 4 times when my son kept sliding the enclosure open (they are now locked). The first find was under the treadmill in the same room after a week. The second he was in a bookshelf in the same room after 2 days. The third he was in the bathroom coiled behind the toilet after three weeks. The fourth time, it was six weeks before I found him and I thought for sure he was a goner since I have dogs and a dog door in the reptile room. He was hiding in the warmer tray under the stove the whole time. Good thing I rarely cook! I had an issue with mice in the house at the time, and he had obviously helped me out lol.
I second recommendations to leave out water in several places. Another trick I used was to put a thin line of flour across thresholds to see if he had moved room to room. The painters tape may serve a similar purpose if you have carpet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 11-17-2019, 01:18 PM   #17
KellC
Were you able to find it yet? I just searched “escaped” because our little juvenile escaped and We are trying everything we have read, with no luck so far.

I have put water cups on every room, and even made those soda bottle traps.

It is so scary cause she is still so tiny, and there are so many places for her to be.

Old 11-17-2019, 01:45 PM   #18
Zincubus
I got one back a few months ago by putting a small tank / terrarium on the floor , corner of the snake room ..

It was on its side with the flap open with a small dish of water in - I put a small heat mat underneath .

Ten days later I found the little hatchling curled up inside it , asleep one morning - just over the warm area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escaped, lost