CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Signature Areas: Reminder
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
Roy Munson
Exclamation Signature Areas: Reminder

I just sent a friendly reminder to one of our newer members concerning the four-line signature area limit rule. But then I opened a thread, and saw that a large number of members (new AND old) had sig areas exceeding four lines. This site's owner/admin set this limit, so if your sig exceeds four lines (blank lines count too), please correct it when you get a chance.
 
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #2
Dave123
Thanks for the reminder, I think mine is over the limit. Ill change it.
Thanks
 
Old 03-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #3
tyflier
Talking

Geez...give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler, eh, Roy?
 
Old 03-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
Geez...give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler, eh, Roy?
Off with your head!

But seriously... the new member I referred to in the OP had something like 20 lines in their sig. Even before the mod appointments, I'd remind newer members of the four-line rule now and then. But then I saw a bunch of 5+ line sig areas, and I thought that it wouldn't seem fair to the person I PM'd if I didn't address these too. I don't think a five-line sig area is the biggest deal in the world, but where do you draw the line? Luckily, this isn't a real dilemma for me because Rich has already drawn the line...

I know you weren't asking for an explanation, but I thought I'd give one anyway. I also wanted to clarify that I wasn't looking for an opportunity to "flex some mod muscle"...
 
Old 03-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
Jay@PJCReptiles
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Roy Munson again.
Thank you Dean
Jay
 
Old 03-04-2007, 05:13 AM   #6
tyflier
I need to spread around a little more reputation before I can give it to you again, Dean. I am right there with you on the signature deal. 5 lines doesn't seem like a big deal, but, as you said...the line has been drawn, and some people do have awfully large signatures.

I was just giving you a hard time. I am actually quite happy with the mods that were elected, and I don't really foresee any of the 3 of you's being powerhungry in the near future.
 
Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #7
Susan
Just wondering...should the four line signature include spaces? I've seen at least one member that has only 4 typed lines, but has spaces between some of them that make the actual signature exceed the limit. And since Rich made the limit to reduce the space used in each post, I'm going to say the limit includes spaces.
 
Old 03-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #8
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
Just wondering...should the four line signature include spaces? I've seen at least one member that has only 4 typed lines, but has spaces between some of them that make the actual signature exceed the limit. And since Rich made the limit to reduce the space used in each post, I'm going to say the limit includes spaces.
Yes, it does include spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
I want to keep the SIZE of the signature are down to four lines. That means that a BLANK line is STILL a line of horizontal space taken up. FOUR lines of text, which includes blank lines as well, are the maximum for each signature area.
Thanks for the reminder btw, Dean
 
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
.........and I don't really foresee any of the 3 of you's being powerhungry in the near future.
You need to understand the key words in what you said Ty........ "in the near future" ... What about long term? I foresee these three being sticklers for the rules just so they can facilitate an ongoing and upcoming tyrannical dictatorship. You guys think it's fine now with these false profits with their blind promises. Today signatures, tomorrow what? No more smilies? These guys are so transparent I can see right through them. They come to you with smiles and promises, wanting to hold your baby snakes and promising a 72 bin baby rack in every snake room and so on.....blah! I can see a conspiracy starting to unfold a mile away. I bring up the signature problem in another thread and I am almost ostracized and when Dean brings it up he's the best thing since sliced bread. Anyone with a brain can see collusion when it is happening even in it's most subtle form. You are all sheep and a wolf is the shepard if you can't see this unfolding in front of your eyes. I can not and will not stand by idly and let this happen to us. We need to join together and overthrow this power hungry, mis-guided government now while we still have a chance. "POWER TO THE HERPERS!" "LET THE POSTERS DECIDE!"

Whew! Now that I got that out of my system I must say we couldn't have voted in a better group of mods. Finally we have people to watch the forums that will make sure that the rules of this site are followed. Again, congratulations to you three for willing to take on this thankless job. You have PJCReptiles support 100%.
Jay
 
Old 03-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #10
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCReptiles
You need to understand the key words in what you said Ty........ "in the near future" ... What about long term? I foresee these three being sticklers for the rules just so they can facilitate an ongoing and upcoming tyrannical dictatorship. You guys think it's fine now with these false profits with their blind promises. Today signatures, tomorrow what? No more smilies? These guys are so transparent I can see right through them. They come to you with smiles and promises, wanting to hold your baby snakes and promising a 72 bin baby rack in every snake room and so on.....blah! I can see a conspiracy starting to unfold a mile away. I bring up the signature problem in another thread and I am almost ostracized and when Dean brings it up he's the best thing since sliced bread. Anyone with a brain can see collusion when it is happening even in it's most subtle form. You are all sheep and a wolf is the shepard if you can't see this unfolding in front of your eyes. I can not and will not stand by idly and let this happen to us. We need to join together and overthrow this power hungry, mis-guided government now while we still have a chance. "POWER TO THE HERPERS!" "LET THE POSTERS DECIDE!"
Sounds like a Mohrsnakes supporter. They're worse the PETA!
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signature Area Line Limit Billybobob Discussions about this site 22 08-18-2006 07:07 AM
Signature areas! Rich Z Discussions about this site 4 09-11-2005 08:47 PM
New Fed Ex policy Khaman Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions 11 06-04-2005 09:29 PM
About the signature areas... Rich Z Discussions about this site 1 08-22-2003 03:53 PM
NOTICE!! About signature areas.. Rich Z Discussions about this site 0 10-11-2002 06:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.





Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03180003 seconds with 10 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo