CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

snake rack!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Where's the DIY instructions?

Rolling casters is something I've always wanted on my racks...Until I can convince hubby to rip the carpet out of the reptile room and tile it, I'm SOL in that department I guess.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
Nanci
Maybe she hasn't decorated the bins yet???

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Where's the DIY instructions?

Rolling casters is something I've always wanted on my racks...Until I can convince hubby to rip the carpet out of the reptile room and tile it, I'm SOL in that department I guess.
I have one of mine on those furniture sliders- they work great!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I have one of mine on those furniture sliders- they work great!
Furniture sliders?
I have high traffic carpet throughout the house, would they work on that?

Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
Nanci
I think so! They are slippery round plastic things that you set the legs (or whatever) in and then you can just slide the thing around. I have the table that Isabel's viv is on in the kitchen, on linoleum, on them too. My rack is on low pile carpet on them.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #16
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maya View Post
Just one of those times when my opinion should have been kept to myself.
Out of respect, though not wanting to start a major discussion, I will give a quick answer.
No possibility to explore,climb, dig or do other things Corns do in the wild. as was said, JMHO. Thanks for reading.
Have you seen Nanci's rack tubs? Mine aren't quite as nice but have enough room in the adults' bins for hides, fake plants, thick substrate and I'm adding big chunks of gnarled mopani wood root as I find the right shapes in my local pet shop. Big enough for a heat gradient and for my snakes to dig, climb and explore.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #17
diamondlil
And I have to say what's already been said, what a great rack! Looking forwards to seeing the pictures of the snakes in the new set-up!

Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
darkmorning1
lol well its funny my idea came too me...so i drew it down on paper. of a 4 foot tall rack. and the next day when i went to go pick up wood. it was weird. out of the whole store they only had 2 sizes of the Melamine..Only. it was the Sizes i needed for the size and everything. i found that pretty funny. as for the wheels. YES do not make a cage like this unless you just them on. its a lot to push. so the wheels work Great. as for heat i can always change it around. right now its hot my room. where the snakes are so i only have to cables. but i have more when it gets colder. but this is FL. cold is like 70F to me.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:27 PM   #19
darkmorning1
as for the cable heating the cage, am waiting for my Thermostat. but when plugged in to the wall (seeing if it works) it does warm it up. but if i didn't have the back bored in there. there would be no heat at all. since the back is taped with the cable all around.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #20
darkmorning1
this is some of the cable being put in. the Longer the cable the hotter it can get.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google