• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What not another rack thread??

tricksterpup

I has nuttin to Say.
Well folks, I went ahead an finally built myself another Rack. I used blueapplepaste aka Matt's base design and tweaked it just a tiny bit.
This rack has no heat, i plan on using this as my brumation rack down in the basement but for now its in my heated herp room. I took some photos of it before dragging it upstairs.

Its the base 6 tub unit, with an little space for storing lids. I went a bit loose on the first shelf and a bit tight on the others. Its my first one and I think I did a pretty good job. Matt has this on his website and I swapped out tub sizes for ones that I have and I did not use plastic as he recommends but I used tempered backing board. This stuff is really sturdy. The wood, backing board and timber, which I have plenty left over for a second rack cost me about $75. So I would say $60 over all for the lumber and wheels.
the backing board was about $4.95 a sheet, and I used 3 sheets, the sheets were perfectly cut into to 3 pieces for the Steralite 1756. I was able to get 6 perfect sheets from this, I had to use one more from another board but that was fine. I did not have to cut the backing board since it fit perfectly.

So please enjoy the pictures.
Front
rack-3.jpg

Side
rack1.jpg

Back
rack2.jpg

Shelves
This one was a bit loose but dang it fits perfect with a lid.
rack3.jpg

rack4.jpg

rack5.jpg

rack6.jpg

rack7.jpg

Wow!!!

Nice job...how long did it take you?

i like all the details...makes it look like a pro rack rather than a regular book shelf conversion:cheers:

Wow!!!

Nice job...how long did it take you?

i like all the details...makes it look like a pro rack rather than a regular book shelf conversion:cheers:

Thanks, it took me most of the afternoon but since it was our first one building it. It took about 4 hours, and that is counting finding the wood and parts.

4 hours and under 100 dollars?!....
Hmmmm...you are onto something here my friend:)

Do you have a table saw? or do you think a jig saw would work?

Let me know when you start taking orders;)

You gotta love any family member that is willing to build a rack on the weekend!!!
Just another reason to keep the SO happy happy happy

Back