CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

FREE Shipping on all orders

Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #31
StrangeCargo
John's a great guy with super animals. Heck, I recieved a box from him yesterday and learned a new awesome shipping trick to help ensure safe arrival in cold weather... Top notch animals...can't go wrong.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #32
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
John's a great guy with super animals. Heck, I recieved a box from him yesterday and learned a new awesome shipping trick to help ensure safe arrival in cold weather... Top notch animals...can't go wrong.
I would have to agree that John is a good guy to work with...great critters. My shipment was in warmer weather so I didn't learn any cold weather tricks.....think you need to say more.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #33
Nanci
John (and Kathy and Carol) are my extreme weather shipping gurus!!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #34
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
I would have to agree that John is a good guy to work with...great critters. My shipment was in warmer weather so I didn't learn any cold weather tricks.....think you need to say more.
I never even thought of the trick. In the small 7" X 7" styro box you tape the heat pack to the lid (as normal). INSTEAD of putting a wad of newspaper between the delicup/snake & the heat pack (to stop the delicup from getting pushed directly against the heat pack and the snake overheating), JOHN put a UNFROZEN/soft coldpack between the heat pack & the snake. The coldpack was in a plastic bag (guessing to make it fit better). It fits VERY well in the area between the cup & heat. Not only does it make it moreless impossible for the cup to come in contact with the heat pack BUT I'm thinking that the heat pack might gently warm the gel of the coldpack...helping the snake to stay warm without getting too hot.

I just thought it was a neat idea... our temps were in the 40's when I picked the box up,--- 30's at night--- and the snake arrived in great condition!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #35
Nanci
I sent snakes to Mesa two nights ago, when it was 30 or something horrible in Memphis. I used a large gel pack as a heat sink, and a 48 hour heat pack in a Gladware so it could breathe. The snakes were 60F when they arrived (perfect!) and at 1130 PM, the night after shipping, the heat pack was still 90-some degrees, so would have gone another night if there had been a delay.

I think people put the gel packs in ziplocks in case they leak.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #36
KingCrimson<3
I don't know if I can not buy that Amber Blood. And then theres the fire, but I think on that end I'm going to hold out for a fire stripe. Do the prices on this thread or the prices on your website represent the most recent and accurate pricing?

That Amber Blood is eye catching. What's he eating?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #37
zorro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeCargo View Post
I never even thought of the trick. In the small 7" X 7" styro box you tape the heat pack to the lid (as normal). INSTEAD of putting a wad of newspaper between the delicup/snake & the heat pack (to stop the delicup from getting pushed directly against the heat pack and the snake overheating), JOHN put a UNFROZEN/soft coldpack between the heat pack & the snake.
You where the only one I did it that way (yours was going to warmer temps, after I packed yours I thought that maybe a little piece of newspaper between the heat pack and gel pack would keep the plastic from smothering the heat pack and yes the ziplock was for possible leaking. I use gel packs summer and winter and in the winter I warm them to 82 overnight, I think the gel pack does absorb heat and release it slowly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCrimson<3 View Post
Do the prices on this thread or the prices on your website represent the most recent and accurate pricing?

That Amber Blood is eye catching. What's he eating?
Prices vary a bit everywhere but also concider that shipping is going to cost $40-50 dollars and that's why I offered Free shipping. The amber blood is an 09 and is about 20-24 inches I'm guessing and is eating peach fuzzies.
Thanks everyone
John

Old 12-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #38
Ares2010
John sold me two baby corns which I received yesterday. Both are healthy and arrived safely.

My daughter and I are both happy with our snakes.

John was very helpful with any questions I had. I would recommend him to others that would want corns.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
carnivorouszoo
Is the Blizzard het Anery Blood still available? If so please pm me how to pay and arrange shipping.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #40
Urban_M86
Ghost Bloodred het stripe & amel is she still available?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google