CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Anyone tried the new Rubbermaid containers?

Old 01-20-2016, 11:45 PM   #1
Slvrose
Anyone tried the new Rubbermaid containers?

I've been eyeing this container with thoughts of making a nice multi unit enclosure for less than buying a custom built rack. It would require an extra latch or two to secure the door, and it measures a little small, but what do you guys think? I think there might be potential there. I'm looking to do something that looks better than a plain rack of tubs, but also is less space consuming than multiple Viv glass tanks. Thanks!

Old 01-20-2016, 11:46 PM   #2
Slvrose
Rubbermaid 22.0 in. L x 17.5 in. W x 15.1 in. H Large Access Organizer

Old 01-21-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
daddio207
They are great for crested gecko's and other lizards and frogs that don't require added heat and are nocturnal

Old 01-21-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
Dragonling
I've considered looking into these as well, especially when I was considering building my own rack. At this rate, it seems more worthwhile to pay someone else to mess with it, but maybe someone would build a custom rack with these.

By the way, Slvrose, if you're increasing your font size because it looks too small on mobile, it should look normal to everyone else without the resizing. Right now it looks ridiculously huge on PC, like I'm scrolling past an obnoxious ad.

Old 01-21-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
Slvrose
Oh god! Sorry! Yeah, the font is tiny on my phone, so I was compensating. Thank you for letting me know!

Old 01-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #6
Dragonling
It's ok! I've done the same! Mobile forums tend to look funky sometimes. I haven't tried tapatalk, so I dunno if that makes it any better. I'm just so used to browsing forums via chrome on my cell phone that I haven't bothered, and I typically use my computer more.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #7
Slvrose
I guess I'll go poking around the forums some more and look at other DIY housing projects. I'm crafty, but not handy. I can hit a nail with a hammer most of the time, and I can handle drilling a few air holes, but real drilling, wiring and (god forbid!) measuring, are simply not my forte. I am however also a tightwad, so I'd rather make than buy if it saves a few bucks. Hubs isn't handy either, so having him do it for me is out. Funny thing is the snake started out his thing and has very quickly become mine! Now we have two, and well, you know.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #8
Dragonling
I feel ya. I'm comparing rack prices, and the really good stuff I just can't afford right now. I'm probably going to go with Animal Plastics' economy racks for now, since I just don't see myself actually taking the time to build something myself.

Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
MysticExotics
I know some people use them for Chondros.
I'm contemplating getting one for my Chondro.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google