CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Is she too small?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:51 PM   #1
Booper
Is she too small?

My four year old female hypo cornsnake is just about three feet (give or take), and she is also around 105 grams. Is she underweight or just a small cornsnake?

Old 07-28-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
a full grown adult corn snake can be anywhere from 3 feet to 6 feet. Most range somewhere in between. Your's is obviously small, but that could be due to genetics or something could be wrong with it. Nobody on an internet message board will be able to tell you anything more.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:36 AM   #3
Dragonling
At 3 feet and 105 grams I would first assume one or both of those measurements is probably wrong.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #4
DollysMom
Can you post a picture of her? Also, how did you measure the length? What's her feeding history?

This is what I used to estimate the length of my snakes. If done carefully it's good to within a couple of inches.

http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

Old 07-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
LadyJemima
My Ruby is just 3 and weighs 80g. SUPER tiny. Yours is quite small as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #6
Booper
I've had her since she was a month old she's eats small adult mice every week usually without a problem. Here is the photo:
None of her ribs or spine is showing

Old 07-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #7
Booper
I used a ruler to measure the length

Old 07-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
DollysMom

I was able to retrieve and post your pic for you. Are you sure on the 150 grams? She does look big enough and healthy to me though pictures are always hard to tell. She looks bigger than my Cleo and Cleo weighs 250 gr. And a small adult mouse once a week looks about right for yours. She certainly looks 3 feet or more in your picture as well. You have a very pretty girl there.

Edited: I just realized you said 105 and not 150 grams. Are you sure your scale was set to grams? 10.5 ounces equals 297.67 grams. That looks more like your snake's size from the pic. Is that possible?

Old 07-28-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
LadyJemima
Oh...she's MUCH larger than Ruby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google