CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Ebay

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
Rich Z
Angry Ebay

I've bought a LOT of stuff off of Ebay over the years, but I swear that now they might just as well rename the site as "Chinabay". The place has been literally overrun with Chinese sellers. Most of then will fake their location by stating they are shipping out of some place in California, but it seems to me that there is just a single warehouse in a location there that they are all selling out of. And I have a real strong suspicion that most of their positive feedback is just one person using MANY accounts passing feedback among the accounts.

I've been looking at a magnetic lifting device for my shop crane, and I happened to ask a couple of the sellers about the physical dimensions of the magnet. Every one of the ads are exactly the same, but heck, I didn't even think that ALL of them might be trying to sell one single lonely item sitting at a warehouse that showed up on some sort of inventory listing. So, all of a sudden, they are all sold out. Every one of them who responded. Now what are the chances? And a couple who "responded" it was obvious they could not understand English and just pressed a button, ANY button, as a response. And DON'T call me "Dear"!

I recently bought some hole saw bits I needed for a job I want to do, and I ordered it specifically from an account that stated they were located in Bushell, FL. I figured I would get it pretty quick, since they aren't more than a 3 hour drive from my house. But it took over a week to show up, and the tracking info stated that it had been shipped out of, you guessed it, California. When I asked them why it was taking so long to get the item to me from Bushnell, they suddenly changed their location info on their Chinabay account to California.

I've got nothing against Chinese, but liars and shifty acting companies, yeah, I don't like them much at all.

I've already stopped dealing with Amazon a while back, because they pissed me off, so I guess I'm going to run out of places to buy from at this rate.